LCA contest: Lamborghini Countach 5000S from Miami Vice

i think if looks very good!! the normals look good for the detail put into it imo. Can't wait to see it all textured and rendered!! keep it up!!

p.s. Lamborghini's the way to go!!!!

Krystian

Lamborghini President
@IC: Well, normals... I think I will leave them. Only one thing I can do is add some polygons (chamfers, inserts etc.) but It used to be an low/mid poly model, so we will see how it will look on renders.
@Erik: Thanks, and yeah! Lamboz 4 ever!

Update on interior :)
[21:05] Borat sits on Chountach's seat: *King in the castle! King in the castle!*

EDIT: Just for ppl who didn't seen it
YouTube - Miami Vice Car Chase - Crockett chases a rapist

Attachments

Haha, awesome clip 8)

From what I recall, they used two different 'Ghinis in that one... You can tell 'cos the rear tail-lights keep changing :p They used to use same clips of the cars during chases in multiple episodes :D I remember one episode where they were driving a boat to Cuba through the middle of the ocean, and to simulate 'coming back' from there, they just mirrored the footage!!

By the way, a lil' trivia for yous: The Ferrari Daytona Spider and the later-used Ferrari Testarossa aren't Ferrari's at all... They're kits dumped onto Corvette chassis' :eek:

Krystian

Lamborghini President
From what I recall, they used two different 'Ghinis in that one... You can tell 'cos the rear tail-lights keep changing :p
Yeah they have used 5000S (this one with integrated in lights bumper) and 5000S Quattrovalvole (it has normal lights but different engine cover). That's pretty weird but... ok. Now I have to to get my lambo looking like from this scene I have to do this lights "cover".

They used to use same clips of the cars during chases in multiple episodes :D I remember one episode where they were driving a boat to Cuba through the middle of the ocean, and to simulate 'coming back' from there, they just mirrored the footage!!
lmao

By the way, a lil' trivia for yous: The Ferrari Daytona Spider and the later-used Ferrari Testarossa aren't Ferrari's at all... They're kits dumped onto Corvette chassis' :eek:
Yeah, I've read somewhere 'bout it ;)

And thanks for rest of comments :pacman:

Krystian

Lamborghini President
My topic screams for update :)
Nothing much but testing leather material and added (crappy) Lambo emblem. I will try to finish interior during this weekend and then I will work on little surprise

Attachments

That is sure looking very nice, well done.
Just out of curiosity what blue prints are you using? I haven't looked at Countach blue prints since 2006, so I figure there might be ones more accurate then the one I've made (Quattrovalve)

@Johnas, I think link you to an even more shameful defeat of a supercar.

that is really good looking, can't wait for the surprise:) I want to see it finished:D And interior shots ofcourse, though i don't think it has a very nice interior lol. The model looks good though;)

I really like your commitment to Lamborghini and eye for details, however your car seems too square ( wierd to say that about a Countach I know) But luckily it seems very small. It appears your mesh is to square in the front when it should taper inward from the top. Its also too square on the sides as well. Ive attached a photo for this too. Anyhow it seems pretty easy to fix, and if you do it it will really make this a lot sexier.

Attachments

Krystian

Lamborghini President
Good ppl of SMC!
I need motivation! From some weird reason, my body don't want to finish this model, by my mind says: do it you pussy! o_O
Anyway..
Sorry for long response scooter79rs, I've used these one.
Sorry, again I failed :( The surprise will not be done, (I wanted to do Daytona model too but my motivation is at very critical level).
Big thanks to you, Icekid. I knew something is wrong with the body but I didn't checked the refpics. :)

Epic fail :(

Try looking around in the LCA forum, and see what you have to deal with.. That should get you motivated enough ;)
Good luck then, I know how hard that can be!