LCA Contest: Dodge Charger '70 from "Dukes of Hazzard"

OldDog

well i hope i will be able to finish it. because i have school and plenty other things to do but i will try.

u all know this car General Lee :) i love it ,didn't remember how its called in movie for sec. but our good Admin Johnas told me ;) tanks man

well wats first its first, find some blueprints and make low poly model :)

hope u like it because i am beginner :p

Attachments

OldDog

aaaaaa OMG 2 hours of work all gone :( god damn, now this is not fair, damn 3D max , damn all 3D softweres
why me? now i am angry very angry . :( now i don't have inspiration to work :(

Give it some time buddy...Eventually you'll be inspired again and It'll take you half the time to get to the same point again...Losing stuff sucks, but we must PREVAIL!

or you could use Maya :D

I gotta knock the wood, I don't get much issues with Max. But yea as said you should use incremental save and auto back up. Those have saved my arse many times ;)

OldDog

here it is, not much. because i stoped work when i backed up the deleted part

--------------------------------------------------------------------

litle update :)

Attachments

i was thinking about doing this car in firs place but...there will be other time for me and General :) good luck on it. As for the loosing stuff issue.. it used to happen to me all the time but then i started to use autosave and it's better now:)

OldDog

04.XI 2008. 10:00am
Looks like a good start but are those dense polyrows necessary next to door?
xD i dunno about that polyrows LOL, actually i don't know what i am doing :goofus:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
05.XI 2008. 00:38am

here are some updates nothing much :p damn i dunno what to do next xD LOL

Attachments

Great start! I hope you don't mind me commenting, but I used to know a bit about '69 Chargers! First thing I notice is that the roof profile needs to be more rounded, especially over the rear window where it should be more curved. Overall shape and proportions of the body are ok though, looks good so far.

OldDog

Tanks Gareth, yes i am just watching your '69 Charger its amazing, i am absolutely Stunted :eek:

I started modeling cars 2 months ago, so if i make some mistakes pls let me know :) all help is welcome ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
going to bed now. good night, good morning and have a nice day xD

OldDog

I know u will not believe me but this morning after 2.5 hours of work we had a blackdown (electricity went off) :(
so once agene i need to repeat my work

now i have a question how do i activate autosave ??? pls answer i know this is not the spot to ask but still ;)

customize > preferences > Files tab : at the bottom left corner autosave section
with number of files
interval of saving
and name options

btw should be on by default, try searching for autobackup folder
i have it for example in My Documents > 3ds Max > autobackup

OldDog

Sergo i love u man :) its on default and i have backups :D tanks :)
Tanks for such fast respond ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here u go a few pictures :p sorry for bad quality i have slow upload :(

Attachments