LCA Contest: Dodge Challenger from Vanishing Point

OldDog

wow nice( may by just some reflections as seed above) so smooth and not metalic xD

i think its time for me to continue my work, like add that orange color :p

Sheesh Johnas... How on Earth are you still working where you are with these skillz, huh?? Get that demo-reel out there boy!! *shakes nerdy fist*

Very nice mate!!

Thanks and yea I noticed too late that I forgot to make paint more reflective o_O

@Doc, there aren't too many job for 3d artists at the area where I live.. ;(

I'll start to make taillights next, expect to see some updates today if I'll get them look decent...

The IC

uses too many smileys
bah...my choice of car is clearly superior because it doesnt have headlights or taillights! :p

nah, its looking sweet Johnas...for a challenge i suggest you model it as it looks after crashing into the roadblock xD

those are very good test renders if you just started with vray:) Keep it up, i really love the model. Maybe you should do more often with turbosmooth on 2;) Keep it up!

@IC I don't have heart to crash my Challenger :p

@ErikS, thanks. I'm sure this won't be my last hipolymodel ;) I've used vRay before too but not too much, only couple of renders.

Last couple of days I've been testing some material settings and also planned whatkind of scene I will use so not much modeling. Managed to make frontgrille, head- and taillights though.

Updated renders will come tomorrow, need to head to bed now...:picaso:

edit

oh yeah, used bumpmapping for the tyretread. Gotta save some polies so I wont use 3d, also not the right tread for these good year tyres. I'll see if I'd do bumptexture myself later.

Attachments

Thanks ;)

Uh takes ages to render about 25mins o_O

I'll need to try different settings to get rendertime shorter... Anyways here's what I managed to do. Window reflections are weird, I don't know how they came like that. Before it was fine, oh well

Attachments

Krystian

Lamborghini President
Yeah, windows looks uber grainy. You should also give some light to front of the car. Car paint and chrome looks very nice.
Overall nice job Johnas