LCA Contest: '58 Plymouth from 'Christine'

Thanks very much. I was looking at clips on youtube and I decided that's exactly what I'll try and do for a final render. Should look quite moody and atmospheric.
And don't worry , it will definitely have wheels:)

In the home straight now, headlights and wipers to be done. Then the wheels and final renders.
Need some tweaking on that massive front bumper.

Attachments

Yuk - big glitch on the bumper , and it looks like it needs pulling forward a little bit.
Also need those decorative chrome parts on the front of the fender.

Not much of an update , fixed the glass. Spent ages tweaking the bumper then max crashed . Couldn't retrieve the scene at all so I used an earlier saved version and remade the damn thing. Will probably still need some fixing.
Ugly reflection on the back will be fixed

Attachments

Thank you very much.
Just a quick lo-res render to see what the emblem looks like. The actual 'V' is gold (strange) so I'll change that

Attachments

Dont mind the headlights, they are NOT finished!
some front end issues to sort - bumper/plate/wipers. Looks like a roof lining will be needed as well.

Attachments

The IC

uses too many smileys
looking great so far rcat...my only crit is to hurry up and put it into a studio so the chrome doesnt keep dissapearing into the black background! :p

Granted, it has been a long while since Ive seen this iconic class,so I cant recall if the car had a more mean demeanor when it was killing than when it was being nice for show. But from the renders and comparing with pics on google it seems your front bumper is a bit high, or maybe your wheel well opings are too low. Either or might want to look into it. Great work so far, look forward to wheels. When you make the wheels/tires be sure and make them proportioned correctly, if too big the car will not come off as imposing and overpowering as it really is.

Thanks man, appreciated. Yes, front wheel arch is slightly too low after I checked, so I'll fix that. I'll be tilting it down at the back end so its 'sits' properly when I've done the wheels.
I wasn't too happy with the front bumper so I was going to look at that again anyway.

Yes you're right , I been working on the bumper a lot tonite. Nothing to post at the minute, next update will be tomorrow evening. I started the white walls too.