LCA contest: 1977 Pontiac Firebird from Smokey and the Bandit

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
W00T! Never thought I'd get a WIP shot out to you all from this one!

But yes. This is my car for the contest. If I get a LOT of time, Imma try to recreate this jump scene, but we'll see. I kinda doubt I'll make it *that* far.

As for now, I've got the car spline'd out enough so that I can start modeling it without any real hitches. yay for car movies!!!

Attachments

Krystian

Lamborghini President
WHAT THE HELL ?! m&m's doing something different than his "work", and he participated this contest ? No way. Who are you and where is real MMM!

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
Let's not forget that I've also strayed from the Robocop Ford Taurus police car... :p

Anyway, I forgot just how inaccurate everything under the sun is on this car. So I've been spinning my wheels trying to do more spline blueprinting, simply because there's about 15 different, inaccurate versions of this car out there, and I have to sit here watching the movie and comparing reference pictures and versions and stuff, just to combine them into a final, "proper" spline cage blueprint.

Accuracy is annoying!

and AMT... your scale models leave much to be desired. C'mon, exhaust pipes connected to the same part that the rear axle is molded into? that's just awful!

I'd say that you'd have the same work of 16 model kits just trying to make this AMT kit accurate. At least its rear end and bodywork are a tad more accurate than the Malibu Int'l Ltd. prebuilt I got. But they didn't even include a CB antenna!!

Anyway, here's what I've got of the spline blueprint so far...

Attachments

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
Here's some more progress. I've actually started modeling now. The spline blueprints have gone just about as far as they can take me.

It's not much 3d progress, but at least it's taking shape. I just need to force myself to have just an hour or so per day to work on the thing, and it should be fine...

Attachments