LCA Contest: 1973 Ford Falcon XB-Mad Max

OldDog

I looks Good why are u adding so much grass? like to smoke? xD I am just kidding

This is good. Well if it was my to make i would cut down some grass on the left so that it looks like big environment model ;) experiment whit it maby u will like it whit less or maby more grass

So u will not show us the finished model untill the last render :evil: good thinking, well everybody soo my model, but not whit textures :evil: and i just decided not to show it muahahahaha LOL

Old Dog, you know me too well already... ;)

You mean making the grass smaller to see farther into the distance? I'll try, the poly count is climbing steeply with all this grass..

No textures til the end, but I thought I'd show it, as long as nobody has any objections I'll call it done!

I thought I'd broaden my horizons and model another environment for this thing...How many final renders are we allowed to make? Just a small start, no AO, just Final Gather bounces...

TomiL

The Land Cruiser Maniac
Looking really good.

I´m just wondering...are those rear leaf spring shackles too long? The spring doesn´t look curved enough.

The second environment is better, i reckon.
Have it sitting there, half covered with a white sheet, and the bonnet up.

Going from memory here, so I could be wrong, but in the rear shot, the bumper should be about the same height (thickness) as the taillights. Might be wrong though, or it might be the angle.

Looking Awesome, cant wait til it finished.

Found a reference of the back (Wrong Movie, same bumper), Springs are OK, the lights are to big?
Try Mad Max Movies FAQ

Attachments

You guys are right...I'm away from my home computer right now so no time for updates...but Marvin, that last pic, it seems real skinny, more than any of my refs...but I'll take a look at it.

rallydriver: You're right, since I've looked at my refs, They are curved with the bottom of the rear fender...I thought it was alright because I didnt realize my bottom of the rear fender is wrong...I'm, going for true accuarcy here! Keep the crits comin.

Greenvampire Thanx!

Updates...Curved the leaf springs more...not too much tho, I've included a pic, I know its a replica and not perfect so some details might seem different. The wheels are different for instance...

that looks awesome,from that reference pic your Rim spokes are too thin.You can see there is a lip on the edge of the spokes to make it smaller. but its great work and thats a really small nitpick

The IC

uses too many smileys
indeed, thats looking great! :)

ive got another small nitpick to add though :p...after seeing those two pics together, the crease on the rear bumper needs to move down a bit (attached a pic)

Attachments

TomiL

The Land Cruiser Maniac
that looks awesome,from that reference pic your Rim spokes are too thin.You can see there is a lip on the edge of the spokes to make it smaller. but its great work and thats a really small nitpick
That´s what we talked about on another page :D

Anyway it´s looking really awesome!

Thanks Sergo!

IC, your right, I'll get that fixed soon.

Catlin...that pic is a replica, not the movie version... The website says to use these rims to create a "true" replica...

OldDog

Hey man very nice model u got there.
your work is amazing cant wait to see it in that scenes u made :eek:

as u sow like u i wasn't able, not to upload my textured model, just had to show it xD

fantastic! my all time favourite movie car!
i've seen the actual car used in the film at 'cars of the stars' museum - no pics allowed though :(