LCA Contest: 1973 Ford Cortina 2000 GXL - Life on Mars (UK)

This car can be a little confusing. The TV producer used a 1974-75 2000E then replaced the grille with a 1973 quad lamp with GXL badge.

This car was intended for San Andreas, so i keep the car within 40k triangle range.

Attachments

Thanks for inviting me, Johnas (it didn't took me a while to realise you're FlashG @ borg judging on your avatar and the sig)

Since i joined this contest, i rounded up some of the funky geometries a bit. Once i made huge progress, ill post more pics.

Good work.

Why don't you add smooth on details?

I gone 180 on that one. this car wont be low poly anymore. , i have to make a seperate hi-res version of this car now. I have to clean the mesh up, cutting the number of geometries so i can use the smooth function. I have to merge some detached meshes. The interior is low priority right now.

My conversion to hi res mesh has begun. Most of the body shell had been cleaned up. The bumpers will follow and should be a cinch. I added more details to the rims. Big difference so far I'm pleased with the result.

forgot to upload my screens

another one

Attachments

excellent :)

One thing I note on the front is the Ford emblem, is it floating because make weird shadows?
Thanks for pointing it out there are so many stuff to do i might forget it ;) , Indeed, they are floating because i keep re-adjusting them. The mesh is still sloppy because of my hasty conversion.

Sorry for lack of update, i just feeling burnt out so i took a week or two off anyway I resumed the operation and spend most of the time getting the render and shaders. I dont know if the interiors is going to make it...

OldDog

Now man this Is what I was talking about :D Great work :)

hope u finish the full Hi model :) its looks like u did everything if High poly . and interior?(I cant see how its done!)hi or low?

Now man this Is what I was talking about :D Great work :)

hope u finish the full Hi model :) its looks like u did everything if High poly . and interior?(I cant see how its done!)hi or low?
The interior needs to get tweaked. The dash still low poly the seats may need to add more details...just pains of converting low poly meshes to he res.