Jaguar XF R-S 2013

dave_3d

Super Moderator
Thanks guys.

Sharp eyes and a tough crowd in here. ;) No bump is safe ... but makes you take more care when modelling.

Cut out the headlights. I did use a turbosmooth version to cut, but then removed some edge loops. So a combination of methods. But seems smooth enough.

Headlight covers are temporary - still to optimise them and remove undulations.

Dave

Jaguar_XF_016a.jpg

Jaguar_XF_016b.jpg

Jaguar_XF_016c.jpg

Jaguar_XF_016d.jpg

Jaguar_XF_016e.jpg

Jaguar_XF_016f.jpg

Kangal

Great work Dave, it seems u've solved those issues we were talking about a couple of days ago. I love how this car is taking form.

dave_3d

Super Moderator
More refining and modelling. I keep seeing things to change. But beginning to get there.

Here are some screen grabs

Jaguar_XF_022.jpg

Jaguar_XF_022b.jpg

Jaguar_XF_022c.jpg

Here are some test renders. Default Max scene lighting, no shadows, simple textures. The first one was a mistake, using my viewport glossy material - but I liked it. :)

XFRS_002.jpg

XFRS_003.jpg

XFRS_004.jpg

Dave

Hey Dave! Great work man! Lookin awesome so far! You're the guy behind dmmultimedia.com?! You've got some great tutorials man..I absolutely loved your Silver Matte Car Paint shader you used on ur bmw m3...I've tried it and the outcome was cool! I used it on my Lancer Evo X I just finished..here is the link: http://www.smcars.net/threads/mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-x-studio-render.40371/
Apart from the modeling..The car paint was really satisfying atleast for me..Thanks alot for that tutorial man..Helped a lot! :D;)

dave_3d

Super Moderator
Some more tweaking - still see lots to adjust. Here is a quick render, using place holders for the wheels.

XFRS_016.jpg

Hey Dave! Great work man! Lookin awesome so far! You're the guy behind dmmultimedia.com?!
Yup, that's me. :) Glad it is useful. I'll be adding more to the tutorials this year. On a nice long holiday at present.

Dave

EquiNOX

I liked yellow one very much, too bad Jaguar don't run Yellow carpaint ...Just one question..do you ever use smoothing group before you could collaspe TS?

dave_3d

Super Moderator
I liked yellow one very much, too bad Jaguar don't run Yellow carpaint ...Just one question..do you ever use smoothing group before you could collaspe TS?
No, no smoothing groups used - shape didn't need it. And I try and avoid collapsing any mesh, wherever possible. Makes it easier to adjust later. I'm still very rusty at this, I don't actually create that many cars. Each time I learn a lot. And keep having to remember to open the graphite tool ribbon! :)

Dave

Hey dave! Nice progress so far..but I think you should change the name of your thread to Jaguar XFR-S 2012.. :D
I just found some flaws in the front bumper grille.then realized the reference I was looking at was a Jag XFR and yours is a Jag XFR-S...damn these model names...really annoying sometimes! :p