Incomplete blueprints

I see that a lot of blueprints, recent and old ones, good quality too,
they dont have the top view. I think that the top view is very important
, not essential but very important ! I dont want to figure out parts and
sizes of the car ! What you think ?

Whats the purpose of this thread? To complain about the blueprints we offer? I think that anything is better than nothing!

I completely agree with *RedStar*...

People spend hours tracking down blueprints in their own time to donate to SMCars.net and sometimes simply can't find all views of a particular car.

If you require a particular view of a car and can't find it, do some research and find it yourself. Fill in the missing bits of the puzzle and bring it back to us for others to enjoy!!

I myself dont like to be impeded by not having prints for a certain car. If I want to make a car and a print doesnt even exist then I wont let that stop me. In fact just having a great side view is good enough for me. I and I'm sure others are able to make assumptions with the help of pictures and eyeballing to figure the rest.

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
each time I've used a top view, unless it's for something boxy like a train locomotive, I end up wishing I hadn't.

Plus, due to how rare it is to be able to get anywhere above a vehicle, let alone directly above it with unobstructed view, chances are very rare anyone will be able to get top views of any vehicle that doesn't have a scale model of it available.

The purpose of this thread is understand why the creators of good quality, recent, highres blueprints ( that i guess its the cars maker? ) doesnt draw the top view too.

If u say that the top view is the less acurate, well, it shouldnt; I used it and had no trouble.

ICEKID, if u can do a model without the prints or with olny a side view... well my friend, ur only making a model that look like that car, not of the car.

If u say that its not a problem u wrong !
I find that make a model with bad blue prints , is funny like a hedgehog in the ass.

If u forgot the purpose oh the thread go to the top.

The IC

uses too many smileys
you still havent made a worthwhile point...if you cant make a model without a top view, thats your problem...the drawings come from all sorts of places, and none of them were drawn with the intention that theyd be used for 3d modelling reference, so if they dont come with a top view, tough luck

roysmc, I don't think you're making a good first impression here at SMCars.net with this thread. It's not very nice of you to start shutting down other people's work habbits because you feel that all models have to be made a certain way.

As i said before, if you require a top view so badly and you can't find it on here, do some research and find/make one yourself, and then contribute it to this forum.

VsQ

if u can do a model without the prints or with olny a side view... well my friend, ur only making a model that look like that car, not of the car.
If you model car with blueprints, you also have only an object whcich looks like that car. If you get proper materials IN REAL LIFE and make that car, you have replica, which also only looks like that car. If you have money, go and bu one, then you can say you have that car.

I've made a modeling tutorial (for Zanoza, pretty long time ago) which they didn't have top view. ;)

skills play a part on how well you can portray a particular car, one persons ability is not the same as another...like artists every one has a style and not every one uses the same tools, it would be better to accept the fact that those top views are not readily available and it would be better to contribute positive feedback for things you see, not the negative, because you can help to change things for the better if you are up to the challenge.

blueprints are just to give you a basic idea on the proportions of the vehicle, but most of the work is done by refering to actual photos, personally i use blue prints just for blocking out the basic shape. besides there are no blueprints that will be 100% accurate

ICEKID, if u can do a model without the prints or with olny a side view... well my friend, ur only making a model that look like that car, not of the car.

If u say that its not a problem u wrong !
I find that make a model with bad blue prints , is funny like a hedgehog in the ass.
You're so wrong here. One should never trust to blueprints 100%. They are only reference, it's more important to use reference pics. And it's no problem for me to use prints without top. Sometimes there aren't blueprints for the cars I model.

I think Palat is good example how accurate cars he can make and he's not using prints. Go check his work