Honda CRX

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosalis

looking really good.. but I think you might want to look into tweaking the material of the glass .. still feels too CG to me :)
Stig looks great!

nasi

@nosalis - I think the glass just needs some definition in way of a reflection maybe.
oh damn.. thats cheating :p how much was it to hire the stig?
The stig just shows up, he races for free cos he's passionate. Don't really think he understands that once there's a car that he's not allowed to drive it, so i'll just leave him be!

Haha awesome sculpting here, I really didnt see that one coming. Great job, makes it extremly hard to beat your entry. :)

Btw: Did you start the sculpting before you rigged him or after you got the pose right? Also, whats the polycount of the model, the scene should take a while to render.
I rigged a low poly model in the general pose and then exported him to zb, then exported a higher subd mesh with a displacement map...

I thought of zb'ing him and then posing him but i'd have to do it over because of the wrinkles that happen when he folds his arms etc.

:O LOL! That is awesome man, really photolike STIGY, just one crit the legs look to be too much intersecting, but who cares it looks awesome! Now make Hammond, or maybe he is there but he is behind the car... with hands up :p
Can you show wires of the helmet please :)

naMReg

[...] (means that I'm speechless here :p)

Can I ask about the parameters you use so the dashboard and those mate plastic materials look so nice??? I can't find the way to make mine look that cool.... I use Mental Ray for rendering and a mia_material with the reflectivity at 0.5 and a 0.2 of glossiness with 16 samples... :(

nasi

Thanks guys:)

@namreg, an important aspect that gets overlooked is what the shader is reflecting, this helps a lot when setting up a scene. There is a .pdf for the arch-shader, very informative, i suggest you try download it( i'm not sure where).

nasi

Thanks guys:)

@namreg, an important aspect that gets overlooked is what the shader is reflecting, this helps a lot when setting up a scene. There is a .pdf for the arch-shader, very informative, i suggest you try download it( i'm not sure where).

nasi

Here's two final images!

I saw a green stock Mugen crx and this colour just suited it, i was getting tired of the orange...

The respray pricing wasn't definitive - The best reference was this(Respray pricing? any info appreciated! - Honda-Tech). Assuming i could do the basic sanding and bodywork/reassembly in the "workshop" it wouldn't be that expensive: Roughly $1000.

I i've spent EU4027 thus far which works out to roughly $1300 spare for this new paint job. Every last cent spent then...

It was a fun project, can't wait to see the other entries!

ps. put the Stig pic in in the spirit of the comp!

Attachments

Top notch work man! Love it! Only a smaaallll thing that doesn't look right to me is some kind of layering between the rear tyre / exhaust and the shadow under the car (nitpicking...) :D But hey, **** it, your work is superb man, interior is sexy as hell! Best of luck man for the competition ;)

nosalis

well.. superb work that's for sure

my small nitpicks would be those weird spec hits here and there (on tyres, on steering wheel) .. I first though it's just render artifact coming for pre-production render quality..but I can still see them in final renders

Status
Not open for further replies.