Honda CRX

Status
Not open for further replies.

salim

Administrator
nice work brother !
the white material on the steering wheel and the pedal still need some more work i guess .

looking forward for what will come next :D !
don't make us wait ^^

nosalis

I gotta say .. you got some spare time :)

looking really cool though .. can't wait to see more , interior is the part I always hate the most

nasi

nice work brother !
the white material on the steering wheel and the pedal still need some more work i guess .

looking forward for what will come next :D !
don't make us wait ^^
Yep, definitely still working on the metallic surfaces in the car.

I gotta say .. you got some spare time :)

looking really cool though .. can't wait to see more , interior is the part I always hate the most
I'm actually doing some of this in the background at work. I have to wait aaaages for a liquid sim to cache, and load, and save, and render. So while that is busy i do this in the background to stay sane... Multitasking i guess.

naMReg

Here's a first render of the interior. Hope someone notices an update since the attention is elsewhere right now...;)
uhhhh???? what??? You talkin' to me??? :p

Just want to know how long did that render with low settings take. Love all the little surface changes in the interior, great detail.
It's true that there are some materials that need more work, but seeing the great look of the seats' leather, I guess I won't mention it :p you'll get it right, sooner or later :D ... and we all know that ;)

PS
Btw.... is this NasG contest thread???? Damn!! I'll hate if this happens to me again

nasi

Nah Namreg, not pointing you out:) Was hinting to the cg-cars lookalike dispute...

The render took about an hour. The aliasing was low but still rendered it with all the area lights and FG at HD. The end render will probably take 3-4 hours and i normally like to render 3k+.

OldDog

no but seriously what are you doing whit your rendering settings ? That white thingies are not because of the texture it's something about the lightning and the cam and render settings, or if you have a reflection map that could be it , the stretching of reflection map, but still i don't believe it, textures look ok otherwise

Keep it up,
Cheers
Marko

nasi

The aliasing is at -1min,2 max with sampling contrast .05. Rendering Mitchell filter. I'll crank it up to 1min,3 max with sampling .025 for final. Also at a higher res to eliminate any other artifacts... Not worried about the little speckles at the moment cos i'm still clearly not atthat point.

Here's progress:

Attachments

Really beautiful man, stunning work I really love you style ever since I saw the Zonda :) Any tips on how beautifully light an interior like that, omnis maybe ?

nasi

Here's a wire of the interior:)

@Kiro - I approach the lighting of the interior by just getting the lights pointed into the cabin. It's important to get all the specular highlights flowing nicely too as this is what defines the shapes within the car. I had to add FG to help lighten the darker areas in the footwell area. I'm still plating around with the lighting though...

Attachments

nasi

Here's a quick update on the center console. Need to fix the bump on the side of the main piece around the rivet, and the fit of the part around the gear stick.

Attachments

nosalis

that interior looks awesome!! ... this makes me want to do mine really well too ... I usually hate interiors so I do them very simply.. but this makes me wanna give it a shot :)

OldDog

Awesome in deed ! The interior is Great! and the render it self is good !
But I'm still not the fan of those sparkly materials or what ever it is, and the roof looks like that it's wet or something because of the sparks. work on it you'll figure it out

Cheers ! :D

EDIT: I noticed one thing, take a look at the ehh ... speed clock panel ( I mean the whole panel ) seems inaccurately placed, and I'm referring to the angle and depth. You should use two planes one for the texture of the clock, and another in front of it as the glass if you already aren't :)

Attachments

very nice progress. but dude...those stitches are way too big. i´d say reduce them by at least 50% if not even more. but kudos for going that far into details.

cheers

nasi

Awesome in deed ! The interior is Great! and the render it self is good !
But I'm still not the fan of those sparkly materials or what ever it is, and the roof looks like that it's wet or something because of the sparks. work on it you'll figure it out

Cheers ! :D

EDIT: I noticed one thing, take a look at the ehh ... speed clock panel ( I mean the whole panel ) seems inaccurately placed, and I'm referring to the angle and depth. You should use two planes one for the texture of the clock, and another in front of it as the glass if you already aren't :)
Thanks man! The roof i have sorted out. It was a bump that was set too high. Yes i need to work on the gauge section. It does have all the nessesary panels but i think it need contrast in the material to make it distinguishable.

very nice progress. but dude...those stitches are way too big. i´d say reduce them by at least 50% if not even more. but kudos for going that far into details.

cheers
Thanks i'll make them a lil smaller, the ones one the headrest are quite close to camera which makes them seem bigger too.

looking good, however your interior has a fair few bumps. dont rush :p
Thanks, will work on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.