Honda Civic Ef Sedan 1988

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astr0s

Super Moderator
So, a pretty weird choise from me, not only because of the manufacturer, but also because its going to be a challenge to get this thing accurate as the blueprints are awful and i usually am extremely picky about those :) But wait.. there's a kicker, its gonna have bimmer intestines :)

Spent:
Honda Civic, base car -600€
BMW 325i, donor car -300€
Left: 4100€

Ideas:
Weight reduction
Stripping interior
Bucket seat & race wheel
Rollcage
Safety fuel tank
Lightweight rims & semi-slicks

Attachments

Haha nice, my brother had one of these. I think I even have pics of it with the rearseats removed. :D

EDIT: Nope, was still in there. :D

Cant wait to see some progress.

Astr0s

Super Moderator
Taking the first stab at this in the form of blueprint matching. The m50b25 needs to sit around 10cm more forward than in the bmw and the driveshaft needs to be shortened 10cm as well. But all in all, it should fit :)

Edit: Let there be spline cage; and there was spline cage

Attachments

Astr0s

Super Moderator
Thanks for the comments. Probably gonna go for some racing wheels if budget allows me to :) Those werent for 5x120 pattern anyway. Been also looking at some bucket seats & belts and racing wheels

Astr0s

Super Moderator
Maybe a bike rack and a rear window visor? :p
The modifications i intend to do are towards better handling & performance, as the challenge is about racing & endurance :) That would mean stripped racy interior, grippy wheels with lightweight rims, better chassis and perhaps some engine upgrades. Not to mention the massive underbody etc work that needs to be done in order to fit the E36 chassis and engine to the car

Status
Not open for further replies.