High Rollers Contest: *1995 Saturn SL1*

Great work so far MMM. You are the only guy who doesn't have wheels and a cage so your work is standing out in my eyes right now. Great job! Sexy textures as well man! Although, those textures might make the model seem less detailed than it really is because it will look more like a simple model with a texture over it rather than a nice lookin model with textures for better quality. But who knows, you are the guy wit the idea and we are just waiting for you to execute it =)

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
the textures are just my standard "blueprint mapped onto the car" thing I do with my vehicles as I model them, just to help get an idea of where the geometry should fall and stuff, and for better shape review. It'll be funky when I model a car that I don't have one of my photo blueprints for XD

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
aaaaannnd so here's an update! I have some troubleshooting at the front next to the windshield to do. The trim piece around the windows, and the roof actually forks out from the same piece to go down the A pillar, and then down to where the part that meets the windshield is...

I currently have that part as a section of my front door, where the door actually ends at the mirror. So that's gonna slow me down a tad, but once I get that done it'll be smooth sailing again. I'm gonna go work on some scale model stuff though for the rest of the night, as I've been wanting to do that for ages.

So here's the latest batch of images for you all!

Attachments

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
as much as I'd like to start those details, this isn't exactly a vehicle that easily converts to a monster truck... I'd have to have the actual body complete before I can figure out how it transitions from passenger sedan into a one-ton frame with 16 shocks, 4WD, 540-HP engine, and other sweet details, including the frame-based collision-guards, to ensure that any jumps not completely landed don't damage our luxurious car body.

Some how, some way, there also needs to be a good amount of rollcage inside the thing, and the rollbars at the top, with the light bar at the top.

But all that depends on the shape of the body, which is why I'm doing the body first.

I may do some sneak previews of other components soon though, like the engine, wheels, shocks, driveshafts, transfer box, and the other stuff that doesn't depend so much on the layout of the car itself

multimediaman

Traffic Car Connoisseur
Dude, you know saturn pwnz everything else in luxury.

Put on a pair of 5'6" road tires, and this thing will have the best ride ever!

Lexus, Cadillac, Lincoln and Mercedes, eat your heart out

as much as I'd like to start those details, this isn't exactly a vehicle that easily converts to a monster truck... I'd have to have the actual body complete before I can figure out how it transitions from passenger sedan
I don't think you have to worry about the transition. I think that the frame and the rollcage are pretty well generic and i made the body of my charger after them. It had just to be credible, after all the monster truck are mostly a simplified pick-up trucks body in fibre glass.