Hennessey Venom GT Mk III (2013)

Discussion in 'Picture Reference' started by Kangal, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    The car i want to show this time is among the fastest and powerful in the world.
    I don't say it's the ''fastest'' and the ''most powerful'' production car because i could be denied by some exotic rare car i don't know. Even if, frankly, i didn't find so far nothing of faster both in middle and long acceleration both in top speed. Pay attention, i'm speaking about PRODUCTION cars , the only ones i care. I'm not a big fan of tuned cars in fact.
    This one could seem a tuned Elise/Exige, but it's not so. Yes, to be precise, effectively the Venom GT design is based on the Lotus Elise / Exige. The Venom GT is created from a base Lotus Elise / Exige and utilizes components including but not limited to the roof, doors, side glass, windscreen, dash, cockpit, floorpan, HVAC system, wiper and head lamps. Hennessey Performance and the Venom GT are not associated with Lotus Cars.
    Anyway, this has a different chassis, different engine, different gearbox, clutch, suspensions , coilovers, springs , wheelbase, width...etc. So it's basically just another car. It's a Venom GT !!!
    Please watch at the specs file i've attached to see with your own eyes what this wild beast is capable of. It's ''relatively'' not so impressive in the 0-60 mph(2.7 s LOL) short acceleration only of course since the rear tyres have initially some difficulties to offload the immense torque to the ground.
    Evo.co.uk, the only magazine i trust almost blindly, judged this car exceptional not only as pure performances, but considering the whole package. In other words, it's an impressive car on all the line. And i personally love it.

Well, now the hypercars' circle is closed, and the Veyron , not even with the most powerful version SS, hasn't the leadership anymore, overtaken by both the Agera R both the Venom GT, and probabilly cars like the P1 and LaFerrari are faster into acceleration (apart from the corners where they'll be surely faster)
    So, since germans just cannot be second to anyone (i love their spirit) they'll release soon a new car...called as ''Hyper Veyron'' or ''Super Veyron'', capable of over 1.600 hp, with 250 kg less and near to 500 km/h.
    This new Bugatti belongs to what i call a new category of cars, the ''ultracars'', word i've invented right now. It willn't be lonely for long time thou, as it seems a USA factory known as TranStar Racing LLC is designing and prototyping an ultracar named Dagger GT, capable of over 2.000 hp for the street legal version and over 3.000 hp for the drag and landspeed version. SSC also should release an ultracar named Tuatara, but the project seems stopped at the moment. We'll see.

Written by...me

note: In the engine close up pic i see lot of proofs which justify the huge price of this car. I see 2 very big Garrett superchargers (hi-end of Garrett production who's is the greatest turbos' factory in the world, bigger than KKK ,Mitsubishi and IHI), i see the all tinanium built collectors, i see carbon mainfolds, the whole tubes package is aeronautic, the joints too, the rear hood hidden part is a gold thin panel and so on. This is a jewel, guys.

Attached Files:

2. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    Last news about the Venom GT.
    Since i've mailed Hennessey to get some Venom's blueprints, they didn't give me, but they're updating me about the car. They're also planning to build a MkIV new version, with 1.500 hp. That engine (the same engine mounted on the Vette ZR1 but heavily tuned) seems to be capable of more than 2.000 hp, so it's logic to think about further developments.

Anyway, here is:

SEALY, Texas - Hennessey Performance today announced that on February 9, 2013 its street-legal Venom GT accelerated to 265.7 mph (427.6 km/h) during testing, establishing the exotic hypercar as the world's fastest production vehicle available for public purchase. The top speed run was accomplished over a distance of two miles using a full-production Venom GT. All testing was validated by (2) VBOX 3i GPS-based data logging systems and VBOX officials were on hand to certify the numbers.

"While a Veyron Super Sport did run 267.8 mph, Bugatti speed-limits its production vehicles to 258 mph," said company founder and president, John Hennessey. "Thus, at 265.7 mph the Venom GT is the fastest production car available to the public."

The Venom GT acceleration runs were conducted at the United States Naval Air Station (NAS) Lemoore in Central California using the seventh production Venom GT- a street-legal supercar that makes use of Michelin Pilot Super Sport DOT-approved radial tires, Brembo 4-wheel carbon ceramic disc brakes, and a full interior (replete with high-end stereo, air conditioning, and leather seats). NAS Lemoore was chosen for testing as is home to one of the longest paved runways in North America.

On hand during testing was Captain Eric "Snake" Venoma, Commanding Officer at NAS Lemoore, who was watching over the nearly 200 battle-ready fighter jets (including the largest concentration F/A-18 jets in the world) that were located nearby during the Venom GT top speed runs. In addition, TopGear US Editor, Pat Devereaux was present to witness the top speed testing as part of a story produced for the May 2013 issue of TopGear magazine.

"While the 2.9 mile long runway is more than enough acceleration distance for a F/A-18 fighter jet, it was far too short for the Venom GT to reach it's true top speed," said Hennessey Performance CEO, Don Goldman.

Designed to operate on premium unleaded pump fuel, the Venom GT is powered by a 7.0-liter (427 cubic inch) V-8 engine fed by twin Precision turbochargers that team to produce 1,244 horsepower and 1,155 lb-ft of torque at 19 psi (1.3 bar) of boost pressure. Weighing just 1,244 kg (2,743 lbs), the rear-wheel-drive Venom GT delivers a power-to-weight ratio of 1 horsepower per kilogram of vehicle weight.

In July 2010, a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (propelled by a 1,200 horsepower quad-turbo 16-cylinder engine) attained a speed of 267.8 mph- 2.1 mph faster than the Venom GT. However, the top speed was achieved using a state of tune that is not available to customers paying the $2.5 million dollar purchase price as a production Veyron SS is speed limited to 257.8 mph. Furthermore, the Veyron SS top speed testing was conducted over the 5.6 mile long straightaway that is part of Volkswagen Group AG's private test track located near Ehra-Lessien, Germany. "Afforded the same distance to accelerate, the Venom GT would exceed 275 mph," said John Hennessey.

In February of 2013, the Venom GT officially became the quickest accelerating production vehicle in the world as it ran 0-300 km/h in 13.63 seconds, thus establishing a new GuinnessĀ® WORLD RECORD- a record that was previously held by the Koenigsegg Agera R. While conducting the GuinnessĀ® World Record runs, despite marginal traction (due to three days of previous rainfall), the Venom GT accelerated from 0-60 mph in 3.05 seconds, 0-100 mph in 5.88 seconds, ran the standing quarter-mile in 10.29 seconds at 158.83 mph, and ran the standing half-mile in 15.22 seconds at 204.65 mph.

Although GuinnessĀ® only recognizes runs made in kilometers per hour (km/h), the Venom GT also set a new unofficial acceleration record of 0-200 miles per hour (mph) in 14.51 seconds as verified by VBOX data. The 0-200 mph record was previous held by the Koenigsegg Agera R that required 17.68 seconds time- 3.027 seconds slower than the Venom GT. By comparison, the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (powered by a 1200 horsepower, quad-turbocharged, 8.0-liter, 16-cylinder engine channeling power through an all-wheel-drive system) ran 0-200 mph in 22.20 seconds during an AUTOCAR test- 7.69 seconds slower than the Venom GT.

Hennessey plans to only build a total of 29 Venom GTs, with one-third of the production run already being sold. Thus, the Venom GT is not only the quickest and fastest production car in the world, but it is also one of the most exclusive. The heavily carbon-fiber Venom GT costs $1.2 million (USD) plus shipping, not including options. Each vehicle is custom built to order and requires six months for completi