Help with identification of pre-war trucks

Pete-MJL

Hi all,

While scanning some old photographs ( all late thirties pictures that were made for use in owners manuals and brochures I guess ), there were some models I couldn' t identify properly.
As there' s lots of people here at SMCars that know a lot more about American cars than I do, I hope some of you can identify these vehicles.

First one clearly has the old GMC logo on its hubcaps, but I couldn' t find any info on a GMC passenger car or taxi of that era ( 1938-1939 ? )

Then there' s - I believe - a 1939 Chevrolet truck ( Texaco tanker ) ? Right ? What type ?

The one with the big H and Diesel on the front has me puzzled as well. I thought it could be Hanomag or Henschel, but couldn' find any pics of it... Anyone knows what it is ? I know I have seen that logo before...

And two more Chevrolet trucks. Year and model ?

Would be nice if any of you could help me out with these ;)

Peter

Attachments

Pete-MJL

Hey Oleg, you might be right about that one.
Front end is identical and I wondered about that , because in the same bunch of pictures were other Chevrolet cars, including a 1937 Chevrolet Master De Luxe, as seen in attachment.
Probably some badge-engineering then...

Thanks,

Peter

Attachments

you welcome ))
about gmc/chevy taxi..i'm sure its the same car...just with different brand (like nowadays chevy and gmc have same models)

i didn't find anything about H-truck..no photos..no names..no pictures ((

Moritzamica

Super Moderator

The one with the big H and Diesel on the front has me puzzled as well. I thought it could be Hanomag or Henschel, but couldn' find any pics of it... Anyone knows what it is ? I know I have seen that logo before...
It should be a 1930s Hansa-Lloyd truck, but I don´t know the exact type.

Pete-MJL

Wow, thanks Moritzamica ! I know I have some pictures of Hansa trucks somewhere in one of the many boxes of old paper lying around here, so now I know what to look out for... :D

Thanks to all of you for helping me out with these photographs.

Peter