HDRI Package #004

exidge

Administrator
Hey Lima,

I'd try to add more dirt, more scartch, more used feel and more color variation the the exhaust material. Try to make the welds more darker,too. Everything is good, just too clean right now.

Cheers,
exidge

Great render .... but ...... tires still look unrealistic compared to the rest of the model ....... and I think you need to work on the color of the sharp shadow on the floor, it should be matched to the color you can see in the background...yours is somehow too much purple ... should be bluish

hi oxydo. thanks for the comment. i agree with you about the shadow color. about the tire could you be more specific?

cheers,
lima
Hi lima.. I am not sure exactly how such tire need to look coz it is older type of tire .... but I think the sidewall should be darker...and maybe it would be good to ad dirt texture on contact surface of the tire ,control blend of the texture with gradient ramp ... As for the mapping ... this tutorial can be helpful.

http://www.dmmultimedia.com/3dtips_09c.htm

exidge

Administrator
Hey Lima, another great render. I have few crits to improve your render. First point is the paint. Can you add a orangepeel feel to it? Right now it doesn't feel realistic, especially now wehere you see more details.
The interior leather and fabrics are too black, can't see any details. I think you can fix that with the shader or additional lights. Great work as usual!

Cheers,
exidge

hey exige, thanks for the words.

i totaly agree with you about the paint. this is the next step that i should take. do you know a tutorial that explains how to achieve the orangepeel using the mi_car_paint?

about the leather and fabrics, in my monitor actually was too bright, so i don't know if the monitor is wrong or maybe i darkened it too much because of that. anyway i will try to fix it testing in other monitors.

cheers,
lima

Braiz

Orange peel can be achieved by using some sort of bump map... In max, the mi car paint does not support bump mapping. I don't know if that goes for maya as well. But in that case you should build the car paint shader from scratch rather than using the mi_car_paint. It gives you more control, plus you don't really need flakes when you're doing white'ish car paints anyway :)

hey braiz, i already made my own car paint shader with maya materials but in the end i think that the mental ray does a realy good job and is more easy to adjust in various types of scenes. that's why i asked how to improve it. but i saw some car paint shaders created in 3dmax with orangepeel and scratches in coat that are realy awsome. i didn't find in the web something like these for maya. someone would help?

cheers,
lima

Car is still a work in progress, but I couldn't help but throw it in an hdri. Tires still need work (no bump) and other small parts left to model. Thanks for the great hdri exidge!

Attachments