fnfc-VeilSide Mazda RX-7

I hate to say somthing negitive about that piece of art, but the wear-lines on your rotor should only be where the pad touches it, and the rest smooth...(sounds simple when put that way, eh...). Other than that, it's awesome ;) . Very nice.

Almost done with the exterior which is good, but also bad :( because I was motivated to do a interior and engine stuff like the I did on the Ferrari 612 but the model of the Mazda obviously has much bigger polycount than the Ferrari so my PC is starting to cut really badly even now and the exterior is not 100% complete and I must leave some free space for the HDRIs and the rendering, so there probably won't be neither a interior neither a engine :( and I wanted to model them too so much I am really disapointed of my PC, I'll see if I can do something about the interior but the engine no way, maybe one day when I get around 2GB of RAM I may return and make it, but for now with my mizerable 512MB I can't do anything :O, the only thing I can do from the engine stff will be the cooler and I'll make it because I don't wan't to leave that hole on the front bumper empty, I hope you understand me:(, oh and I wanted to ask one thing which takes more memory meshsmooth or turbosmooth ? cause I am using turbosmooth because I think it takes less memory

Attachments

XSImatrix

well, i dont understand why you wont be able to render with HDRI the polycount wont matter. But creating the interior and stuff i understand. Just do it like Tom, he hides whatever he doesnt need on the screen and models whatever he wants, so if your gonna do interior all you need is the doors+backend, and then rougly model out a body pan, so you can start placing different objects in their to fill it up. I hope you understand. Engine I can see, you will not be able to make that and unhide other parts of the model at the same time with 512mbram, sorry. But you really should upgrade, ahah 512- 2gig you will see alot of difference :)

10x for all the coments
to XSImatrix: well the HDRIs I use are very high res and thy are like 20mb each :O so when I load it into max and I don't have any more free RAM space left it shows only a black box and when I start rendering VRay sais something like : " HDRI not loaded. No free space was alocated.." or something like this, so that is the problem :( and about upgrades to 2GB I just had the money and my main board BURNED :O lol :( so I had no choice :(
oh I almost forgot I have a render for you all, I loaded a low res HDRI and blured it and it looks kinde wierd but nice, in the final renders I'll change the carpaint mat, I'll fix that plane problem (under the car), I also need to model the cooler and it was ovious that if I want to make any renders at all I'll have to model as litle as I can :( so sorry no interior this year :( I like how the rims turned out, I mean material and render :)

Attachments