Ferrari_458_Italia_NovitecRosso

nasi

Hey guys! This is a project that i've been trying to get started for ages and i've finally gained some traction on it!

As it stands the exterior is pretty much complete, very few problem areas to still massage( unless you guys point something out haha). I'll be doing the engine bay and interior too, probably as detailed as the rest.....stay tuned.

Any crits and comment are very welcome!

Attachments

Kangal

Hi, great to see u back with another project, i'm pretty sure everybody is waiting for something's spectacular from u.
This is the reason why i can't to do not remark a couple of issues in your model (imo), as pointed in the attachment:
1) The nerve on the door and the chamfer on the fender/rear hood transition are too soft, they need to be more sharpy. This part is where usually everybody fall modeling this car.
2) There's a bump near the badge (red circle)
3) The mirror isn't so accurate (the base is a bit wider , the shell is bigger in its lower part)
I also think some other parts need to be carefully checked about the blend radius.
I hope u don't mind if i've pointed that out.
Best luck for your model, it will turn into a beautiful work. As usual by NasG i'd say :)

Cheers

Attachments

nasi

Thanks man, the badge area is a spot im bust trying to smooth out. Its tricky trying to get the detail in there without adding a lot more geom, i might just have to though. I'll check about the sharper lines.

yasickkk

Hey this is looking great. Ive highlighed some areas where you might need to fine tune a little further. Its not accuracy issues as i dont know what the car is ment to be but its issues where i think the wire frame gets a little messy. Im sure its not visible from all views.

Attachments

Kangal

Ooops, i've forgot to give u my ''like''. Although the very little remarks i've pointed out, it's clear this is a top notch work anyway. But being u the autor obviously it has to be perfect. I agree with Tshikhudo, some details are nothing less than insane !!!

nasi

The sidewall is a displacement map. I really struggled with mental ray's displacement settings so i modeled the sidewall text just so i didnt have to use it when i made the tyre initially but wen i switched to arnold the detail you can get out of a disp map is incredible. So its displacement on the pic in my first post.

Kangal

So basically the displacement map influences the geometry too, right? While Bump map is an optical illusion only?
I think Rhino too has something similar to displacement, using the ''heightfield from image'' tool.