Ferrari LaFerrari (F150, 2013)

Discussion in 'Picture Reference' started by Kangal, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    In the intentions, this should be the new benchmark of hypercars. We'll see. The cars it should beat aren't easy at all to beat, i'm speaking about monsters like McLaren P1, Koenigsegg Agera R, Porsche 918 Spyder, Bugatti Veyron SS (which's starting to be quite old anyway), SSC and Hennessey Venom GT. These last 2 cars thou aren't as hi-tech as the other 4rs, so i think they've no chance unless into a straight line from A to B in a rectifile.
    This new limited serie Ferrari will be produced in 499 units, all sold already.
    Like the P1, a Kers is mounted, so it has an electric engine to support the V12 6.3 800 hp (F12 engine revisited). So, 800 hp + 163 hp = 963 hp. Instead of the classic AC/DC alternator it has a second little electric engine to replace it, to save space and weight.
    The chassis is all carbon made using 3 type of fibers, (M1000, M800, M46j), new generation suspensions, new generation brakes, refined aerodynamic studies and so on.
    It's faster than the previous limited serie (the Enzo) of 5s each lap at the Fiorano track.
    It has been concepted to reach the max possible performance and its lateral accelaration (G) is better than 20% compared to the Enzo. Brakes stop it 30 mt before the Enzo into 200km/h to 0 deceleration.
    1255 kg. They started thinking about 1.000 kg only, but the electric stuff developed in a second time didn't allow them to rech this target. Anyway it's still light, very very light i'd say, since 1 hp has to move more or less 1.3 kg only.
    These are the first official images i've collected for SMC.

-Davide

Attached Files:

beacon1 likes this.
  2. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    And now, let me spend a couple of words:
    If u look cerefully at the photos at the Show and compare them to the renders, u'd notice that the 3D model isn't so good. Personally i've remarked several errors (of accuracy even) and i can't understand the reason why a high end factory as Ferrari allows this. Here in SMC we have many top notch modelers and rendermen who could do much much better, i'm absolutely sure about it! I'm speaking about Exidge (Ferrari, have u seen his 430?), TwoOneOne, Raduteo, Erik, Nailgun, Duron, Jomar, Rob, Advan, Braiz,beacon1. And now we know Ralph and PBenjamim too belong to this category with their spectacular works. And there is someone else too, i can't remember everyone. So, my question is: Why a top notch factory hasn't top notch CAD modelers and rendermen? I'm not a top notch modeler at all but i'm pretty sure, if i were into modeling still, that with some hi-res blueprints i could do better me too.
    So, Ferrari, take a tour at SMC and look at what these guys are capable to do please !!!

3. TwoOneOne

TwoOneOne Administrator

Polygon & Nurbs Modeler @ RTT.AG Munich
    they do have top notch cad modelers. the reason the 3d renders and the real thing are different is that the renders are created using earlier design-data. This design-data changes constantly during the process of putting a car like this together for a show and most likely still isn´t the finalized production version.

4. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    Nope,this is the very final version since it has been presented as such. Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo itself presented it as the final version, and the photos, together with the renders, are available in the official LaFerrari site. This is not a concept like the P1 i did, this is the F150 as will be delivered to the customers, and i'm not among them unfortunely...
    For example, about great unaccuracies, look at the double front grilles: They're detached in the true thing, but linked to the front end in the renders, and this is just one the differences.
    Ok, the renders have been done before the final version is officially presented, but, i say, why to do not model another one (with better meshflow since i see surface discontinuity and bad reflections here and there) with the last updates then? The brake disc texture is poor, the line of the back part of the front fender is wavy, the part inside the door is too edgy as u can see from the reflection toward the big side vent, the rims haven't the aircap, the sidewall isn't detailed and so on. They've spent hundred of Euro's million to get this car, they could spend a few thousand Euro more to show us better 3D models.

5. Falango

Falango Active Member

3D Artist
    Well that's sort of what TwoOneOne is saying. The 3D model is outdated, not the version showed at Geneva. The inaccuracies may be from a blueprint or reference from an older build.

TwoOneOne likes this.
  6. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    Frankly we said different things , he said the Geneve model ''most likely it's not the finalized production version'', i showed it's the final version instead because Ferrari itself said it's such and i don't see the point to say the car will change someway, since it's not a concept as i've said. I repeat, the same photos appear on the official LaFerrari site...and the official LaFerrari site shows the definitive version. In no parts of the site is written the car will change.
    Besides, the purpose of my thought were another, since i've asked myself why Ferrari shows in its site an outdated 3D model then. And not even too good...
    Anyway, let's forget it, it doesn't matter.

7. Falango

Falango Active Member

3D Artist
    It's a good point to bring up though, in terms of reference points for building a 3D model ourselves. Same sort of thing we look for when we compare blueprints to photos.

8. beacon1

beacon1 Active Member

freelance GA
    I'm sure the real final design is what the 1st batch of production cars would look like. If its exact or close to the design or will there be updates. We're gonna have to wait for photo releases. Or will it be different as in the mitsubishi concept X as to the actual Evo X.

9. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    @ beacon1
    Be sure this is the final model man, it's not a concept, it's the Ferrari LaFerrari. And i can't wait to see further developments of the model u're starting right now.

10. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    Last news:

We have already seen the production version of the LaFerrari just a few weeks ago, during the 2013 Geneva Motor Show, in a world premiere, and we thought that that will be the last time we will hear about it, unless one lucky owner will crash it, but it seems that the carmaker isn’t feeling the same. According to the car manufacturer, the Ferrari LaFerrari will receive a more powerful version over the following months.

Ferrari says that its newest creation will be able to produce more than 1,200 horsepower from an upgraded hybrid powertrain, which will place it against the Bugatti Veyron, in terms of top speed. The official rival was also confirmed by the company’s boss, Luca di Montezemolo. The chairman wants the LaFerrari to be the newest fastest ever production car on the globe and he is able to do everything in order for the model to become real. Even if the Ferrari LaFerrari in its new powerful version was officially announced, the company didn’t release any powertrain or performance details just yet.

11. beacon1

beacon1 Active Member

freelance GA
    Here's some additional reference that i used on my wip thread. I've adjusted the brightness to show more of the details.

Attached Files:

Kangal likes this.
  12. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    Interesting performance data: 0-300 km/h under 15 sec !!! Bugatti Veyron SS 17 sec (tested).
    This places LaFerrari on the same level of Agera R and Hennessey Venom on the straight line.