Ferrari F40 - 1987

I
Hi mate, glad to see u on this project again. Keep on, i'd like to see it finished.
I was trying to build it with alias with my poor nurbs knowledge
But I can't get the detail I want
So I tried to build it again with polygon
When I got home ill show my failed nurbs seat to show u
I need your comments

It's alway too good to have u here
While I doing this project
Ty

Kangal

Hi.
I see u've followed a very complicate way to realize it. I think u could do the work easier concepting the seat in a different way instead of to build the whole shell all at once.
There are many ways to do it (using primitives like ellipsoids and editing them , or getting the main shape using straight lines) but i'd personally go for getting the shape of each view separately, matching them after switching from cam to cam. Do build 2 simple plans, one for the side view, the other for the other views. Then bend it using the UV editing tool matching the refrence. Try to do it at the beginning. Then the rest will come out naturally.

Kangal

LOL...
Well, what i'm saying is that u've chosen a very complicate approach to build your seat.
I meant this: Do try to decompose the seat in 3/4 simple parts using simple planes. For example, do start with the backrest , using a 2D plane . Put it above your reference and cut it following the main shape in the front view. Then model it using the Alias UV deforming tools (cage editing in Rhino, i don't know the Alias' name) in the side view to give it depth and shape.

i could watch your progress videos for hours....i think you should have documented the whole build and release a maya modeling advanced tutorial :D i am just trying to switch to maya from max and would have been among your audience for sure

i could watch your progress videos for hours....i think you should have documented the whole build and release a maya modeling advanced tutorial :D i am just trying to switch to maya from max and would have been among your audience for sure
are u using 56k modem bro?
I think you should update your internet connection devices!!

I'm so happy to have ur attention for my work
I'm not as good as you mentioned above,
really don't know what should I share to you,
If you feel curiously just ask me

max and maya they both are great tools,
i stepped in this world from using max,
for a buggy update from max which broken my heart,
so i've been fallen in love with maya till now,
changing tools for improve your skill is not necessary,
i think the most think you should focus is topology of model.

Shit that is some tidy modeling, really enjoyed going through this post despite the fact it makes me feel inadequate with my modeling haha!
Any new updates on the F40

Falango

Nice extra attention to detail! Maya is sure looking sluggish though (presumably because you have preview smooth enabled). Instead of rotating the geo, you should setup a circular control by the steering wheel to control the rotation, and lock it to the full rotation it would experience (lock to lock), so you don't accidentally get extra rotation and wheels/tires crashing through wheel wells.

Nice extra attention to detail! Maya is sure looking sluggish though (presumably because you have preview smooth enabled). Instead of rotating the geo, you should setup a circular control by the steering wheel to control the rotation, and lock it to the full rotation it would experience (lock to lock), so you don't accidentally get extra rotation and wheels/tires crashing through wheel wells.
thank u for tips