Experienced Coder for main page and SMCARS WANTED

IF you are still looking for am coding help i am willing to help a great site like this. I am A contract PHP developer mainly develope custome content management systems but have done a tech support system (basicly a over secure fourm) and other tasks. PM me if i can do anythink to help out.

cpd

superwes88 said:
I have another idea about a new layout: you have a search thingy like this: first, select brand from a drop down menu, then a dropdown with type, and maybe another one for generation or something, and then a list of the prints that match the requirement, that would be very cool.

If you can tag the name of the topic to all prints in the topic (name or the attributes of the image), it would save a lot of time.

If this is a stupid idea, because it's requires rocket-science technology I'm sorry, but it looks realistic to me.

I've seen such a thing done before, and I've got a decent idea on how to make it work.

It'd work like this:

1. Brand form is submitted, variable is remembered
2. Now the model form is active, and can be submitted, variable from it is remembered.
3. Now finally the search results are displayed.

I've done such a thing previously.

Hi guys, I'm sorry that we have not kept you informed. I’ve been meaning to reply with something useful but nothing yet. We’ve not really had a chance to make up our mind, but I must say I'm quite happy with the number of you who want to help out; it’s very decent of all of you who have offered. Sadly I feel bad for our part for coming off as rude in not keeping you guys up to date on the situation. :) Again sorry and hopefully we will have some useful news to tell you.

Oh that's ok. ;)

First I want to finish some updates for Lostheaven, some can also be applied here (download section).
Then I still have to wait until 0.5 of LogicFury until I can start on this site.
And maybe you could make a new topic about the website contest? You could put all the posted designs in the first post and attach a poll to it. You could take the members opinion about it in consideration when you decide which one it will be.

Well I have gained quite some experience with php, started with some simple books and coding from scratch. For my company I code everything from scratch and I might be making my own CMS as well some day. For Lostheaven I do both my own code and code from others.

wcc

get database access and edit the blueprints catogratory to include more or create new tables to get the samething done heres some sample code for the query statement
Code:
'SELECT Make FROM ' . WhatEVERTABLE . ' GROUP MAKE ORDER MAKE"
simple but does the job for me

Oh, I know about SQL as well, don't worry. ;)
Also, this wouldn't be handy.
Getting the query every time the page loads would stress the server unnecessarily, better is to use caching.

cpd

marcovtwout said:
Well I have gained quite some experience with php, started with some simple books and coding from scratch. For my company I code everything from scratch and I might be making my own CMS as well some day. For Lostheaven I do both my own code and code from others.
Whatever you do, research about security! The exploits that can be left open in a CMS if you are not aware of them are quite eye-opening. Some obvious, some not so obvious. I spent a great deal of time on my own CMS, and I've used a few of the really big and advanced commercial ones.

Thanks for the advice, I already thought about that but I still have a long way to go before even starting on my own CMS.

Back to SMC now when will the layout finally be chosen?

I know this is an old thread, but I'm new here (today). Did this ever get resolved?

I just did a site using css, html, javascript, mysql, and php (all done by hand and without a CMS to help). It my first attempt with anything other than strictly HTML.

http://www.paddedwall.org/rTCDD

I might be able to give a few pointers or help out in some way...