Experienced Coder for main page and SMCARS WANTED

"my only reply message Discocandy lol PM"

What erm?
Anyway corrected the link, just did a search on envoy's posts and most of them are blueprint submittions :)

well that was when we were starting up. Dusta, Zizo have posted more than him Disco probably has too I guess I have not sure anymore. Anyhow I said my only reply for your question about the design contest was to PM Discocandy, just find a post by him and press the PM button to leave him a message. He started this entire mess.

I have another idea about a new layout: you have a search thingy like this: first, select brand from a drop down menu, then a dropdown with type, and maybe another one for generation or something, and then a list of the prints that match the requirement, that would be very cool.

If you can tag the name of the topic to all prints in the topic (name or the attributes of the image), it would save a lot of time.

If this is a stupid idea, because it's requires rocket-science technology I'm sorry, but it looks realistic to me.

wcc

the only problem with that the form has to be totaly reworked to allow for such a search to happen and the mysql or the msql server has to be re-tabled and re-keyed to work right. great idea though.

superwes88 said:
I have another idea about a new layout: you have a search thingy like this: first, select brand from a drop down menu, then a dropdown with type, and maybe another one for generation or something, and then a list of the prints that match the requirement, that would be very cool.

If you can tag the name of the topic to all prints in the topic (name or the attributes of the image), it would save a lot of time.

If this is a stupid idea, because it's requires rocket-science technology I'm sorry, but it looks realistic to me.
Making a drop down list with the brands don't need much altering, because it isn't updated frequently. The same goes for type.
It's a nice idea but I'm not really keen on drop down lists. Also, you won't be looking for a blueprint every day so a few more clicks won't be too much trouble I hope ;)

maybe marco you should make a list and put all the ideas and stuff on it and also what you think about it and what can go wrong etc.

Than you have a nice global overview of to do and what not. This is also good for making other ideas.

(Just a suggestion of course.)

marcovtwout said:
Now I know why SMCars got so big, man where did you find that many blueprints :)

When will layout and banner be decided?
HeHe.
If I put all blueprints online that i have on my hard drive

the index would say:

BLUEPRINTS FORUM AND OTHER : Over 26500 Prints and Still Counting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(now indexing 1500 ship blueprints)

I was thinking a bit of this...

Main page. On top there is a banner. Everytime the page loads a random banner out of x banners is loaded there. Below the banner a menu bar with home, forum, blueprints and contact, maybe more.
At the center there could be a news system similar to the one at LH. Then left and right some sidebars with things like login, who's online, an extended menu, a last blueprints added scroller, contributes, and maybe a shoutbox, a lot is possible.
The blueprints. Ofcourse you have to be logged in to view them. First an overview with categories for cars, bikes, boats, trucks, etc. In there we should have subcats for each Brand. And within those subcats could be categories for types. If you want to contribute a blueprint you have a form where you give the most obvious place where the blueprint should be added (ie you found a corolla then you put it in Toyota - Corolla). There would be an approval page, visible to admins only, where they could make changes to the name and all, and then approve it so it is finally added. A search feature for the downloads is also a possibiliy.

This is all a lot to do and it will take a lot of time. Don't expect it to be done in a day, a week, or even a month. It depends a lot on if I can use the CMS we have at LH. I have a pretty busy life too but I think I'm almost ready to do this. :)

Well it all sounds good I guess I can tell Envoy about your ideas and see if he has time to reply today or whenever I see him. But most of the ideas youve had have crossed my mind, so I'm glad your enthusiastic.

Making a drop down list with the brands don't need much altering, because it isn't updated frequently. The same goes for type.
It's a nice idea but I'm not really keen on drop down lists. Also, you won't be looking for a blueprint every day so a few more clicks won't be too much trouble I hope
On the other hand: less clicks = less traffic. But what you say about updating is right: I don't think updating will be easy with dropdowns....

Speaking about lay-outs, do you like the layout on Onnovanbraam's site?

Well, some good news :)

The admin of LH, Deusiah, agreed I can use his CMS Logicfury. It's now on version 0.4, he'll do some improving first so when 0.5 comes out I can start for SMC. First I'm going to do some updates for LH as well, so it might take some time.

Also, somewhere I said LogicFury was based on PHPNuke, I meant it was the same idea, but the code is completely different. Note from the author ;)