Eagle Speedster

Hi!

After watching a recent Top Gear episode, i fell in love with that half-a-million pound (£) lightweight E-Type on steroids, the Eagle Speedster!

So i decided to start a new project, and try to model that masterpiece!

--
recent images in following posts...
--

Attachments

Thanks for the comments! And thanks for recieving your first post, Cummins6BT!! :)

I'm in contact with the guy who made that car and the way he talked about it ("first and second Speedster...") made me assume that those are the 2 cars in existence right now. Keep in mind, it's entirely handmade ^_^ I could be wrong too though.

I'm tweaking the front-end atm, curvy shapes give me nightmares -_- Will add pictures later!

Some tweaking done. It's a lot smoother now, and nicely curved from all angles.
Enough front-end for now, will proceed with the rest of the body next ^_^

[outdated]

@rickyss - yap, 500k sure aint a bargain.. well, it's a toy for rich people. why would other cars be "worth" 500k-1million. price-tag on these things are rather incidental ^^

i'd rather spend 500k on a 993 turbo + ferrari 355 + w211 55 amg + e46 m3 csl and have a bunch of nice cars and some money left over :D

on the other hand, when jeremy clarkson himself considers something 'the most beautiful thing in the world'... it might just be worth that money.

diagnostic time - no bumps allowed!! reflection test using xoliul's (former smc member, hasn't been posting in while has he?) dx shader and a zebra cubemap. i.e. rhinoceros3d has this kind of diagnostic tools in stock, xoliul made it possible for 3dsmax (thx a bunch!!)

judging from the results, i think renders will look quite nicely :) gonna finish the buttocks, then interior. stay tuned!

Attachments

sarN

Great looking model so far, where can you get that diagnostic tool? That would allow me to spend much more time modeling instead of rendering!

hey sarN, its rather a 'trick' than a ready-to-use tool. download xoliuls viewportshader and the cubemaps from his website, then setup a directx material and pick the downloaded .fx file - then make the following adjustments to the material:
diffuse color 0,0,0
specular global level 0
use fresnel reflections [x]
fresnel power 0,1
fresnel bias 0,1
fresnel multiplier 1
reflect cubemap [x]
cubemap > ReflectionZebra.dds

done. juicy realtime zebra diagnostic in the viewport :)

almost done with the body. i could tweak it for ever and ever, but i gotta stop somewhere since i want to cut in further details on 1st subdivision level. we'll see...

Attachments