DURON BMW M6 F13

Im sorry man, the rims are not good at all, are they Nurbs modeled? if so, please take more time on the fillets and general shape, some basics are just wrong, when you for instance have the spokes thin at the center and thicker moving outwards, just looks like those hippy pants, doesnt fit this car at all, you should study bmw rims maybe to see what they do, also the center of the rim is just too small, not enough detail and like pBenjamin said, just flat, everything else on the render is, my, just very very good, inspiring even, makes me keep this for reference work when i finish my project in the near future, but the rim needs to go man,...

The shell material red is looking very nice, with
the proper highlights across the body. For the rims,
they look cool but I believe some other designs can suit
the ride much better.

Duron

Super Moderator
@sabaman
uploaded some more pics for you, still the same opinion?
Oh, and its poly modeled.

@DarkHorse
Thanks man, yeah def right - the other rims are looking much better on this Coupé.

_

Finally an interior... But it's not my work. I wont do any Interior shots, so this lowpoly one will do his job for me.

still To-Do:
- Third-Brake Light on the trunk
- filler cap on the right
- PDC caps on the rear
- heating wires on the rear window
- MORE renders

And the cream puff of this post is my latest render :)

cheers
renderman

Attachments

Killer work!
I could be wrong, but maybe the exposed side (left)
should receive a lesser amount of light as the sun is on
the opposite end, as sunset. It's not C&C since this is just
a test render, but just something that caught my attention.

EquiNOX

Very nice, love that scene(The recent render).... just curious, if not too secret... what do you use to get that rear taillight illuminated? Texture or procedural material?

Duron

Super Moderator
Thanks for the comments guys, as always much appreciated.

@Nox
I use a simple line as a vray meshlight and the rest i post in photoshop.

___

Finally got time to model my own Pilots this weekend. Also finally got rid of using bump maps for the sidewall.
Now i will do the shading. Keep yourself updated ;)

cheers

Attachments

Falango

Can I ask why you're modeling the sidewall text rather than using a bump map? What if you aren't happy with the depth? I would think a bump map would give you more control.

Can I ask why you're modeling the sidewall text rather than using a bump map? What if you aren't happy with the depth? I would think a bump map would give you more control.
Typically to broaden his modeling skills of expertise. Bump map is considered cheating by
some folks, and it does result in poor quality some times, especially for close up renders.

Duron

Super Moderator
@DarkHorse
:D - yeah you're right.

___

Just modelled new rims again. DA-P3

Attachments