Delahaye 165 Figoni et Falashi (1938)

Discussion in 'Delahaye' started by nb, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Zachary

Zachary jalopy madness

i cant compare styling of Skyline or Delahaye.. those cars are from copletely different era's, i just respect them equally.

after all both of those car remains as legends even in these days. 8)

2. The IC

The IC uses too many smileys

3d Modelling Grunt
    well...whats stylish and whats not is just an opinion, and its always changing too...i usually decide whether i like a cars style on an individual level rather than by era, so i like a bit of everything...also, im doing a collection of rare 30s-50s jensens for a client soon, if im allowed ill post some smaller renders up when theyre done

3. tiberius

tiberius VIP

Bank Operations
    I find that people often reflect back at the cars of their youth...that is why cars that were mainstream have such a big following. after 40 years or so the become rare because most have been scrapped. low cost cars allow more money to be spent on personalization. so it is in many ways similar to custom coach works of years before. I tell you, when you stand next to one of these older cars you see just how big they were compared to cars today... I saw an Oldsmobile tourer from 1912 and you had to climb up into the car....the wheels were 42 inch! not unlike climbing into a lifted truck.

4. kosso_olli

kosso_olli Member

3D Artitst in the automotive business
    I am always stunned by the size of some of the classics. I saw photos a a man standing next to a Cadillac V16 by Hartmann, and the car was much taller than him. His head was only slightly than the bonnet.
    "The time where drivers were machinists"

5. Zachary

Zachary jalopy madness

something like this...
    [​IMG]

anyways that kinda reminds me of mine old '37 Chevy Coupe, which were about tall as i am :grin:

6. kosso_olli

kosso_olli Member

3D Artitst in the automotive business
    Thats what I mean. Look at the size!

7. tiberius

tiberius VIP

Bank Operations
    back in the early days of travel the wheels were quite large to travel on the roads of the day....not all were paved....somewhat like wagon trails....so large tires allowed for proper clearance. the engines for instance displaced monstrous sizes for four cylinder cars. just look at the lycoming straight eight or rolls royce merlin engines...Massive! as the technology got better the parts became smaller. the smoother the roads, the lower the cars got to improve performance and handling.