Corvette ZR1

nasi

here's a load of progress!!

Now this image is gonna come under a lot of scrutiny! i have seen a lot of stuff that's a tad off but it is a wip and thought id post it! I will get it as close as my talent allows me but there's a lot still left to model before i fine tune...

Attachments

beacon1

Awesome modelling as usual, just one i noticed, the sideskirt have a slight curve on the photo compared to yours, not sure, just give it a check.

nasi

Probably the last update for the year!

@beacon1 - the skirt does have a curve to it but the photo is deceiving because the CF is being reflected in it giving it the illusion of a seam. The actual seams is quite straight.

@patient1 - i've made the markers bigger thanks:)

Work on the rear is nearly done...

Attachments

Falango

It's always good to line up your model over a real photo, but it can be counter productive if you don't have the metadata for the photo. In your case, it looks fairly close, so hopefully it will help you and not hurt you.

Looking at the photo, the vents in front of the rear wheel look stuck on in your model. Soften the edges a bit where they are attached to the body. Also, the center of your roof looks to have 2 ridges that rise up, where it's actually a channel that's recessed down. I don't believe there is any lip or ridge that rises above sloping roofline. Loving the model overall though, it's looking quite nice! Can't wait to see this thing textured. Are you going through the interior as well?

nasi

It's always good to line up your model over a real photo, but it can be counter productive if you don't have the metadata for the photo. In your case, it looks fairly close, so hopefully it will help you and not hurt you.

Looking at the photo, the vents in front of the rear wheel look stuck on in your model. Soften the edges a bit where they are attached to the body. Also, the center of your roof looks to have 2 ridges that rise up, where it's actually a channel that's recessed down. I don't believe there is any lip or ridge that rises above sloping roofline. Loving the model overall though, it's looking quite nice! Can't wait to see this thing textured. Are you going through the interior as well?
Yeah lining it up against a photo is difficult. The type of lens used is a guess at best as well as lens bulge etc. I have about 8 lined up, things will match up in some but not others...

I've added more details to the vents as well as more trimming. The front bumper indicator area still needs smothing though...

Attachments

nasi

Thanks for the comments guys! The tyres and radiator are from an old project so u can discount that "fast modeling":p... Theres a few pieces of trim that i have to line up properly still( got a bit sloppy on the windows).

I'm now just refining the outside as ive run out of things to model , yay!

Here's a test render with Arnold renderer. Can't wait to get cracking with it!

Attachments

nasi

here's my first real go at Arnold Renderer...You'll notice the watermark as i'm running a demo version at home. I'll render at work to get rid of the watermark for final renders. Also i need to make an interior so it doesn't look like a drug dealer's car with the black windows...

Attachments

beacon1

Looks great! Yup you really need the interior to add more realism. Is it going to be in full detail with an interior shot?

exidge

Administrator
Hi Nas,

great car, great render as usal. I was wondering what you personally think about Arnold Renderer. What does convince you there more?

Cheers,
exidge

Falango

Yeah lining it up against a photo is difficult. The type of lens used is a guess at best as well as lens bulge etc. I have about 8 lined up, things will match up in some but not others...

I've added more details to the vents as well as more trimming. The front bumper indicator area still needs smothing though...
I do it at work all the time. When things need to be 100% accurate to life, it's gotta be done, lol.

nasi

Wow that looks so good for a first try! I also like a lot your chrome mats. Want to see more :)
Thanks, I work with Arnold at work so i know my way around. This is however my first private hobby piece with it...

Hi Nas,

great car, great render as usal. I was wondering what you personally think about Arnold Renderer. What does convince you there more?

Cheers,
exidge
Thanks man:) I just wanted to give it a try as i am now quite comfortable with it.

As a renderer it's fast, a lot faster than MR especially with preview renders. There are aspects that MR still has an advantage, things like shaders and plugins, but it's still in beta so that will only come in time.

Looks great! Yup you really need the interior to add more realism. Is it going to be in full detail with an interior shot?
The interior will be detailed enough to pass for an out render. I'm not modeling things like the foot pedals - If i don't see it im not making it. It will have things like seatbelts and door locks etc...

Here's and update with a new paint job. Saw a vette on a forum with it and loved the orange!

Attachments