Corvette ZR1

nasi

Hi guys! This is my new project!

Since watching the Top gear episode of it it's grown on me! So here goes...

I've found awesome reference and blueprints but the top view is one i don't have. There is a top view in a different pic but it doesnt match up in the least!!

If someone has a NFS/TDU/Forza model lying around could you please take a screenshot of the views for me?

Attachments

PBenjamim

I personally don't like corvettes, but any project you make is a source of inspiration for me :) GL will follow this for sure.

EquiNOX

oh I love corvette! eventhough try to find time modeling it, but never had one. Looking forward on your progress.

Falango

You have some little bumps around the vents on the bumper, under the headlights. Might need to add another edge loop going around that vent to get rid of that. Looking good so far!

nasi

Anytime! It's looking good. Nice job on your edge flow with the side vents and all the changes in surface flow.
Thanks, yeah there's a lot more bumps and vents than i was expecting when i started...

Here's some progress on the top:

Attachments

Falango

Looking real good! Have a quick look at the ref pic, specifically the line along the trunk that runs just under the glass, then back to the inside of the taillights. Yours runs too close to the close for too long. It should split away from the glass a bit earlier, and on either side, the panel rises up slightly. Right now the outer part of yours is flat, and the entire center is raised. Otherwise, lookin real nice, can't wait to see this thing in all it's glory :)

nasi

Looking real good! Have a quick look at the ref pic, specifically the line along the trunk that runs just under the glass, then back to the inside of the taillights. Yours runs too close to the close for too long. It should split away from the glass a bit earlier, and on either side, the panel rises up slightly. Right now the outer part of yours is flat, and the entire center is raised. Otherwise, lookin real nice, can't wait to see this thing in all it's glory :)
Thanks you're rite, it took a few reads to see wat u had spotted and i fixed it now thanks.

Too bad i've already uninstalled TDU2, this is all i have if you need it and this. Looks good so far.
Thanks dude, i think i have most of the pics available on the net. I have hundreds! What i do find is the most help is amateur shots at car shows(like the one in ur attachment). They tend to be closeups of details that are priceless when modeling, soooo... if anyone has shots like that lying around it'd a great help to post them:)

Falango

Regular C6 and Z01 models will be of some help for reference as well, as you might not be able to find ZR1 ref pics for some details. Just be cautious because of the differences between the models though.

yasickkk

ive tried this car before and it is hell. I think you need to fix the upper door bumps. They are messy. Which is btw one of the hardest parts. Other then that awesome work.