Cars - Doc Hudson

@janusz: Yes you're right, thanks! I'll enlarge them for the next update.

@RD: I used to run on an 1.8Ghz too, but that one burnt, so I had to put an old 1Ghz in it. Works fine though, because I'm not using stupid 3DSMax :D :p
No really, it works fine, but renders take a bit longer :(

Thanks guys, updates soon :)

Allright, modeling is done!
The first render doesn't show the final tweaks I made, but the second does (chrome strip on the side, Hornet logo on the side, read lights, and HUDSON on the rear, for example). I might pull the headlights a bit back, since they're sticking out quite a bit. I just noticed I didn't rescale the headlight covers and the right headlight... Oh, the doorhandles should go up a bit more, too :p
Then, over to the paint booth, and modeling the scene.. Don't wanna :( :p

I am amazed how detailed a cartoon car is..

nice job man! tho it looks like you rushed a lil modeling the roof-a pillar part cos it looks like you have got some inaccuracies at those area's, also i think the side lines should be sharper, ive attached a picture to show you whats inaccurate, modeling wise it looks great! keep it up :)

Attachments

Thanks for the crits :)

Yes I did kinda rush. I have to, though. Since there are only a few days left, and the entire scene needs to be modeled, and everything needs to be textured. I did this in only a few days time, so I'm really happy with the way it turned out sofar :)

I'll enlarge the eyebrow a bit, and perhaps make it more sloped downwards.
I am aware of the roof, it's hard to get that round shape correctly. If I find the time I can try to correct that.
I know the eyelids are wrong, that's because they are animated anyway :p So in the final render, they are morphed into the right place.
The grille is a proportion error. As my car is disproportioned, the grille is too. I can't be bothered to correct that, because of the lack of time.
As for the side window; I'll change that immediately.

Thanks again, I appreciate it :)

Thanks OldDog ;)

Not sure if you're still willing to vote though :D My renders came out a bit greenish. Couldn't fix it though, since time had run out. Fortunately I rendered this on my brothers quad core, so they didn't take too long :p But there was no time to rerender.

Anyway.. The final shot!

And a front and back shot:

And in clay (don't mind the floor..):

It was a great challenge, and I've accomplished a lot in a really small amount of time. This is my first finished high poly model, so I can be proud of myself :D
May the best entry win! :)

tom120934

Administrator
Impressive, you've got my son's vote ;) Unfortunately he's too young to understand the concept of "SMC", "contest", "registration" and "voting" ... Lol just kidding you proved your skills once again !

thinking bout the time you had to do this i think you really can be proud of yourself. The scene looks good and i think you really got the right stile for the rendering. Some texturing and detailling of the scene would improve it a lot, so maybe after the contest?:)

I think you've done an amazing job, good work!

thinking bout the time you had to do this i think you really can be proud of yourself. The scene looks good and i think you really got the right stile for the rendering. Some texturing and detailling of the scene would improve it a lot, so maybe after the contest?:)

I think you've done an amazing job, good work!
Yeah, the scene could really need some more attention. I don't think I'm going to do that though. I'd really like to focus on other projects. If you want, you can create a nice scene, and render my car in it :D

@Tom: You're a bad father! Teaching your kid what SMC is is a greater priority than eating with a fork! :p

Thank you guys! :)
I'm going to concentrate on the texturing of my Murciélago (updates as soon as I feel like showing the progress :p ) and modeling the R8 and E30 M3. For all three cars there are some updates to show, but not gonna show yet :D