Car without a Blueprint without anything...

There are so many nice blueprints in here, and in the gallery you can see amazing models of many talented modellers. What if you make a car without any blueprints, without any reference pictures? Just make it from the fantasy. I am planing to try that, anyone else like to try? We can post it under work in progress.

Happy modelling

that is good i think but you'd better sketch on a paper what in your mind about that car and make blueprints for yourself.. no matter if the views match exactly as you said it is fantasy so you are more flexible in the modeling..

good luck..

Falango

Modelling a car just from thought is tough, unless you've modeled several cars before. Have a design before you start, on paper, and draw some rough blueprints if you can. An idea in your head can easily look different in 3D. Something may end up looking too big, or you'll change your mind (trust me, you'll change your mind!), so make sure you have an idea down on paper, and don't be embarrassed if you can't draw either. It's about the planning.

nosalis

yeauh.. I wanted to create my own car too ... but I would also sketch it out first..

starting laying polygons from a scratch might be really tough .. unless you start with stucking together boxes and spheres and form a body and then add details later on .. but then again .. I think having some concepts on paper would help .. since it's so much faster to sketch out some shapes first on paper .. then "sketch" them in 3d - takes much longer

What can also help a lot is to use an existing blueprint as a base. Say you wanted to model a front engined 2 door coupe. Find a blueprint for that (maybe 599 ferrari or something) then sketch or build in 3D your design over the top. At least this way you can get a good idea of scale and proportion, driving position, wheel size etc. Might help.:)

Falango

chris20 makes a good point. What can also help is taking a car that provides inspiration, and use it's profile silhouette. An outline that you like will help you place elements properly. Working from an existing silhouette will ensure your car stays proportionate, even if you push and pull the boundaries a bit to get the exact shape you want.

There are so many nice blueprints in here, and in the gallery you can see amazing models of many talented modellers. What if you make a car without any blueprints, without any reference pictures? Just make it from the fantasy. I am planing to try that, anyone else like to try? We can post it under work in progress.

Happy modelling
It seems really tough, but creative at the same time. Would definitely like to try atleast once.