"Borchia V8 VC" fictional car design, UE4

Discussion in 'WIP Critique: Video Game & Real-Time' started by ollitei, Jul 8, 2015.

1. ollitei

ollitei Member

3d artist
    Hi guys!

It's been a little quiet around here, especially on the real-time forum but thought I'd start a thread to see if there's anyone other than myself who's into real-time rendering.

Anyway, this is something I've been working on and off during 2015. It's based on a sketch drawing by Matteo Pandolfi.
    [​IMG]

Most of the model is done so I've now started working on it in UE4 which I'll be using for rendering the final still as well.

Some quick shots of the model to get an idea of the shapes. The weird dark splotches are due to the UE4 lightmaps. I'll look into making them better later if they prove to be problem.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just yesterday I started building a car paint shader. Still needs a clear coat on it.
    [​IMG]

2. ollitei

ollitei Member

3d artist
    Lots of progress!

First complete version of the car paint shader.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some more adjustments to the clear coat and flakes' parameters. Also built the shader for glass material and added the support for the additional materials (plastic, chrome etc., Basically anything that is not car paint) into the car paint shader.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]