BMW M3 CSL

Duron

Super Moderator
Well, this is one of the best Projects i know in the CGiWorld... ;) I'm kind of proud, cuz its a BMW :D

Really would like to see some more new Renderings of this BEAUTY! :)

salim

Administrator
always a pleasure to see this projects bro !

and to be honest , i'm looking forward to see what's next ! :p

so don't keep us waiting

helicase

How did you get the car to look dirty? what texture map did you use? I am loving it!

I really like your attention to detail on the headlights and rims. Exidge tell you your shadow's need to be angled in ways so it looks like it is under the car? Shadows in those kind of shots tend to need to be darker too. Because right now it looks like your car is just hovering above a plane. Also, there is a random shade going across the screen on the left side, what is that about?

exidge

Administrator
How did you get the car to look dirty? what texture map did you use? I am loving it!

I really like your attention to detail on the headlights and rims. Exidge tell you your shadow's need to be angled in ways so it looks like it is under the car? Shadows in those kind of shots tend to need to be darker too. Because right now it looks like your car is just hovering above a plane. Also, there is a random shade going across the screen on the left side, what is that about?
What are you talking about? I didn't understand anything. If you talk about the tunnel m3 Police, indeed not the best render but it's not an illustration ( I guess that's what youre used to) besides that, I have real car reference image, I know how the shadows have to look there...

helicase

What are you talking about? I didn't understand anything. If you talk about the tunnel m3 Police, indeed not the best render but it's not an illustration ( I guess that's what youre used to) besides that, I have real car reference image, I know how the shadows have to look there...
Hey exidge, i love your work, u r my idol, and these renders are 1000x better then the crap i am turning out:) I was referring to one of his older renders (post #20), i didn't see the newer ones. My mistake. Some of us are not in the art industry and just do this as a hobby, my Bachelor's degree is in Engineering, so please come down hard on me, if I am wrong lol.

A comment on his newer posts, image #6 has that pure black ground plane, and I don't think it fits well with the excellent render of the car, and image #4 glass textures / low resolution sky / no ground lighting due to the car head lamps / way messed up perspective view makes it look odd.

The render you posted white diffuse on the door has too high of an intensity for the scene (it is nearly as bright as the above lights).

exidge

Administrator
Hey exidge, i love your work, u r my idol, and these renders are 1000x better then the crap i am turning out:) I was referring to one of his older renders (post #20), i didn't see the newer ones. My mistake. Some of us are not in the art industry and just do this as a hobby, my Bachelor's degree is in Engineering, so please come down hard on me, if I am wrong lol.

A comment on his newer posts, image #6 has that pure black ground plane, and I don't think it fits well with the excellent render of the car, and image #4 glass textures / low resolution sky / no ground lighting due to the car head lamps / way messed up perspective view makes it look odd.

The render you posted white diffuse on the door has too high of an intensity for the scene (it is nearly as bright as the above lights).
Hey man, I'm calm, I was just wondering what post you're refering to. It just makes no sense to talk about something you don't mention what exactly that is. Cause I didn't render these except what I posted. If I dont post any smilies it doesn't mean im angry :) Also for the brightness, it is most probably your monitor which is not calibrated right so images which have the correct gamma look darker and or brighter.

cheers,
exidge

helicase

Hey man, I'm calm, I was just wondering what post you're refering to. It just makes no sense to talk about something you don't mention what exactly that is. Cause I didn't render these except what I posted. If I dont post any smilies it doesn't mean im angry :) Also for the brightness, it is most probably your monitor which is not calibrated right so images which have the correct gamma look darker and or brighter.

cheers,
exidge
Possible, but the RGB values are all the same (gamma might be different, so it may show diff on my screen gotcha). but honestly a white paint like that, can appear that bright now that i think about it. It is hard pulling off white paint because the reflections don't show up that much (correct me if i am wrong).

But, yeah that is how the cop car looks, i will take my complaint up with the local POPO on changing their colors because it doesn't reflect well,

lol I think using more smilies the better :D 70% of communication is non-verbal. ;)

exidge

Administrator
Possible, but the RGB values are all the same (gamma might be different, so it may show diff on my screen gotcha). but honestly a white paint like that, can appear that bright now that i think about it. It is hard pulling off white paint because the reflections don't show up that much (correct me if i am wrong).

But, yeah that is how the cop car looks, i will take my complaint up with the local POPO on changing their colors because it doesn't reflect well,

lol I think using more smilies the better :D 70% of communication is non-verbal. ;)
Ur totally right about white reflections. Only in certain angles you'll catch total reflection same with any other paint. But it's not such a big problem rendering a white paint - the only problem I see is that we all have different screens so for one guy it s too bright for another it's too dark...

Anyway, can't wait for Levente's engine : ) Hurrryyyy Levente!!!

nasi

Hey Levente, Awesome work man!!

I was looking at my friends BM the other day(330i), and he washes it every week. He had it parked outside under the trees for a few days at work and dust had collected quite a lot.

I know you went the extra mile on dirtying up the M3 but in imo the texture is bordering on fine scratches rater than dirt. It's also quite evenly distributed whereas i would think naturally there'd be more on the upward facing surfaces.

I'm referring to this pic:http://www.smcars.net/forums/attach...anced/125033d1312409305-bmw-m3-csl-arena1.jpg

Yes it's nitpicking, but as you said: "It's all in the details".:)

Hey Levente, Awesome work man!!

I was looking at my friends BM the other day(330i), and he washes it every week. He had it parked outside under the trees for a few days at work and dust had collected quite a lot.

I know you went the extra mile on dirtying up the M3 but in imo the texture is bordering on fine scratches rater than dirt. It's also quite evenly distributed whereas i would think naturally there'd be more on the upward facing surfaces.

I'm referring to this pic:http://www.smcars.net/forums/attach...anced/125033d1312409305-bmw-m3-csl-arena1.jpg

Yes it's nitpicking, but as you said: "It's all in the details".:)
you are correct sir, i attend to make it look better when i finish the car