Aventador

yasickkk

New project, trying my best to keep everything as smooth as possible and as accurate as possible.

Taking my time, doing part by part, and hopefully at the end everything will go together nicely.

Any feed back would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Attachments

New project, trying my best to keep everything as smooth as possible and as accurate as possible.

Taking my time, doing part by part, and hopefully at the end everything will go together nicely.

Any feed back would be much appreciated.
Cheers
hey yasick nice job here. Are you really working part by part ? how can you avoid getting discontinuity between different parts ? I know this car is just edges everywhere but still... you won't tell me you could do this fender and door separately. In this matter (and other personnal ones ;p), i'd like to see your surface topology in this area if you don't mind sharing...(and if you're still modelling with Alias of course...)

hey yasick nice job here. Are you really working part by part ? how can you avoid getting discontinuity between different parts ? I know this car is just edges everywhere but still... you won't tell me you could do this fender and door separately. In this matter (and other personnal ones ;p), i'd like to see your surface topology in this area if you don't mind sharing...(and if you're still modelling with Alias of course...)
Hey man, I began to use this method too on my BMW, it is not so hard, you just have to add much edges how much other part have, try it is even better.. ;) Check out my WiP with the same method http://www.smcars.net/forums/wip-critique-3d-stills/38094-bmw-m5-f10.html

sorry rulerz, but we're talking about nurbs modelling here. If it was poly I won't be asking (software icons are not visible anymore since the crash so I assume you didn't guess...but no harm done bro)

salim

Administrator
nice work dude ! looking forward to see more done on this .

ps: i've added you on msn and don't know if you've got my invitation .

cheers

yasickkk

Cheers for the comments guys, really appreciate it.

@ Salim, ive accepted your invite.
@ Rain Knight, i spent few months on alias, trying out different things and doing basic shapes of cars. However what i realised is how much different you see cars when you thinking nurbs, you look at curvature, you look at highlights and the shape it self, without any details. After learning that and understanding it, i realised what i can do with poly modelling, so ive transferred those skills into 3dsmax and this is my first project where im looking at the shape/highlights and worrying about details later. Nurbs and polymodelling are two different worlds, and i think its important to understand both.

ok great.... but frankly seeing the screengrabs with this small and regular fillets, and this continuity bet. fender and bumper i was thinking about nurbs.... Good for you you got more sense of quality after trying nurbs. Will be watching this closely !!

EquiNOX

I agree with dave... it's really a nice polyflow. Maybe I missed it, but did you model it part by part or was it that you modeled entire body first then break it apart to do detailed work for each parts?

Looking forward more.