Audi TT Group Project - Anyone can be in it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purpose: I want this to be a fun group project where whoever wants to learn or wants to improve their 3D skills can.

Rules: Every 3 days (might be more if i see a part is more complex) we will be modeling a new part of the car. The rules are pretty simple, as long as you’re dedicated and continue modeling you will be getting my help. If you choose to not model for a week and then come back and ask for help, too late sorry.

Answers to some questions you might have that I haven’t answered yet.

Yes, everybody modeled their own car.
I will be telling you which part we do.
I will be helping and showing my wire frames.
There will be an interior.
Maybe custom wheels.
Don’t worry about rendering yet.

Starting tomorrow we will first be modeling the hood. I will start mine right now so I can hopefully show a wire frame and start helping people out if people are interested and want to join this fun experience and make the forum a more fun community.

Also, in this zip i posted there are reference, blueprints, and a .max of the blueprints setup (3d max 9)

So starting tomorrow Jan 4, 2007 you will be modeling the hood which is due Jan 7, 2007.

www.redstar.theclanservers.com/ttpacket.zip

Also, right now I would like to know who's in so I can keep track of who I will be helping.

Thanks to speedster for this reference pack!

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Begin here!

Here is the Picture wich will record the data:
I post it in this one, because i can't edit the start post, made by *RedStar*.

We are Making the Fender at this time.

I'd love to join in.. would be awsome to brush up my skills.. but I gotta work again soon, so 3 days a part isn't that much time for me.. I can maybe work on it for 1-2 hours tops a day, a hood would be still possible, but more complex stuff is gonna be harder :s

gonna try anyway so count me in

Okay you guys. Change of rules. The least will be 3 days but i will be changing the due days if i see that a part is more complex and takes time. Because i still want people to learn from this and not just copy my wireframes lol.

That's a great idea
I've already tried to propose that experience in a french forum (fc4d powaaa :grin: ) But unfortunately, we didn't manage to finish the project
We had choosen a mustang (last model) and we only get a few parts of the cars (a lot of people gave up :roll: )
So, I really wish you would finish the whole car, because I think it could be very interessant for junior members
Good luck ;)

Sorry for my bad english ...

I'm in!! Few questions:
1. it will be some poll for the best car on the end or what?
2. is there any rule for thread name?
3. why you showing us your wireframe? couse everybody can "copy" your wire
4. We are modeling cabrio, right? couse you send us both prints
5. is there some reward or this is just for fun?

Sorry on few question :grin:

I would gladly be in, but I use Lightwave.
Good idea for sure, but it is not for everyone :(
RedStar, if you think I can join consider me in (wires are always wires, whatever tool you use).
I already have tons of references (press quality) and blueprints (coupe, press quality) configured for LW.

Good luck for the project, it will be surely a big fun :grin: .
Cheers Dario

jsruk

1. it will be some poll for the best car on the end or what? Maybe, Good IDEA!
2. is there any rule for thread name? Post here
3. why you showing us your wireframe? couse everybody can "copy" your wire
Well because some might get stuck and then go OHH THATS WHAT HE DID!
I will be doing the cabrio. Both are included just in case ppl want the others.
5. is there some reward or this is just for fun?
Well the reward is you gaining skill. I think thats rewarding enough.

dppd69 -
Software has no meaning. Whatever you use as long as its poly your always welcome!

S

Stratous

How are you going to be posting your work...I would like to fallow along without being required to model the car. I may join in, but I don't know if I'll have time.

*RedStar* said:
jsruk

I will be doing the cabrio. Both are included just in case ppl want the others.
Cabrio is fine be me, that will be my first cabrio:)

IT will be a cabrio because i want to do an open interior. I will be posting all my work in here so defenetly who doesnt want to model it can still just look and fallow along.

Count me in. I think i need to take a break from the F430 some. I tried doing the engine block and just couldnt get it to look right so i think this would be a lil bit of a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.