Audi A5 Coupe (NURBS)

helicase

Oscar, he's using the same plugin i'm using (Admodeling). I prefer Rhino + Ad modeling too because the programmers who made ICEM Surf wrote that plugin, do research on ICEM Surf

helicase

Thanks helicase :)

Render makes me worries. I've never done it before and learn it will take a lot of time. I would rather want to spend this time by modeling. However I also want to see this car rendered, so probably I won't have any choice :D

In view of the foregoing, I absolutely have no idea which program I should to use. Which one you would suggest?

helicase

Thanks helicase :)

Render makes me worries. I've never done it before and learn it will take a lot of time. I would rather want to spend this time by modeling. However I also want to see this car rendered, so probably I won't have any choice :D

In view of the foregoing, I absolutely have no idea which program I should to use. Which one you would suggest?
I'm not a render guy, you don't want to ask me lol. Blender cycles is free. That's what I use to render out my hobby projects.

Last edited:

helicase

Hello guys,

I've finally finished windshield wipers this weekend as well as license plates and some other small stuff. Next I want to do a handle of the trunk and lights for rear license plate. See ya :)

View attachment 160491 View attachment 160492 View attachment 160493 View attachment 160494
Loos super smooth, you should ask Oscar if he can render it for you ;)

can you explain your process of doing those flat parts on the wheel wells? Maybe show some CV's.

Is it better to use a trim surface, or untrimmed on those?

Attachments

Loos super smooth, you should ask Oscar if he can render it for you ;)

can you explain your process of doing those flat parts on the wheel wells? Maybe show some CV's.

Is it better to use a trim surface, or untrimmed on those?
Thank you mate.

That's a good idea to leave rendering to someone skilled, but I don't know whether Oscar will be interested :) Regarding to your question, what you meant by "wheel wells"? Do you mean the wheel arch?

helicase

Thank you mate.

That's a good idea to leave rendering to someone skilled, but I don't know whether Oscar will be interested :) Regarding to your question, what you meant by "wheel wells"? Do you mean the wheel arch?
Yes, how do you make the part i am pointing too on the wheel arch. Ask Oscar and find out ;)

Yes, how do you make the part i am pointing too on the wheel arch. Ask Oscar and find out ;)
For the wheel arch I used the untrimmed single span surface. First I created two 5 degree curves with 6 control points. I tried to have as smooth curvature as was possible. After that I just created the single span surface based on these two curves with function LOFT. And thats all :)

I can't attach pictures, and is not a first time. What is wrong with this website?

helicase

For the wheel arch I used the untrimmed single span surface. First I created two 5 degree curves with 6 control points. I tried to have as smooth curvature as was possible. After that I just created the single span surface based on these two curves with function LOFT. And thats all :)

I can't attach pictures, and is not a first time. What is wrong with this website?
This is what mine looks like. Thanks for sharing your method!

Attachments

Yeah your looks good imo. I think that it doesn't matter which approach you choose. But for me is easier to work with curves and small single span surface than with one big trimmed surface.

helicase

Yeah your looks good imo. I think that it doesn't matter which approach you choose. But for me is easier to work with curves and small single span surface than with one big trimmed surface.
there are many roads leading to the same destination of clean surfaces i'm sure. I can't wait to see this rendered :)