Audi A5 Coupe (NURBS)

helicase

You're welcome mate. I use both VSR plugins for modeling and rendering (VSR Shape Modeling and VSR Realtime Renderer).
nice, yeah for the price it was worth it for the modeling. There are a few bugs with it that annoy me, does ctrl point modeling sometimes not work? I was thinking about buying vray for rhino, but i'm probably not going too because of the cost.

neutron1k

nice, yeah for the price it was worth it for the modeling. There are a few bugs with it that annoy me, does ctrl point modeling sometimes not work? I was thinking about buying vray for rhino, but i'm probably not going too because of the cost.
I didn't notice any problems so far. What did you meant with "ctrl point modeling"? And yes you're right, the prices are out of this world, especially for someone who has all this things just as his hobby.

Here are few shots to show, what I have so far with almost finished mirrors:

019.jpg 020.jpg 021.jpg 022.jpg

Next up will probably be door handle or front/rear lights. I have not decided yet.

helicase

I didn't notice any problems so far. What did you meant with "ctrl point modeling"? And yes you're right, the prices are out of this world, especially for someone who has all this things just as his hobby.

Here are few shots to show, what I have so far with almost finished mirrors:

View attachment 158440 View attachment 158441 View attachment 158442 View attachment 158443

Next up will probably be door handle or front/rear lights. I have not decided yet.
VSR mostly works for me, i hope one day rhino will go in the direction of class-a surfacing instead of what ever it is now, so we won't need plugins.

now add all the details that take forever :) I love how simple you kept your patch layout.

You should do the door handle first, it's easier ;)

Last edited:

blu01

looking forward to see some final renders later, I've just noticed you are from Slovakia too, haha what a coincidence. Where are you from exactly? I'll keep an eye on this thread, keep working.

neutron1k

looking forward to see some final renders later, I've just noticed you are from Slovakia too, haha what a coincidence. Where are you from exactly? I'll keep an eye on this thread, keep working.
Thank you! Yeah me too, but it will not happen so soon. Rendering is something which I have never done before and learning would take a lot of time. I would rather spend this time on modeling, but who knows. Btw I'm from Bratislava.

how are you planning on doing all of the fillets? just the solid fillet command?
Yes, wherever there it will be possible. On those places where not, I'm gonna use the fillet technic with the pipe and surface blend.

neutron1k

Here is a few shots of the whole car with a headlights just for completeness. I've decided to leave the headlights without fillets for now and start to make the tail lights, which should be a little bit easier. But you never know :)

audi26.jpg audi27.jpg audi28.jpg audi29.jpg

neutron1k

Hi guys,

it's a long time since my last update. During this time I was trying to finish the rear lights, but it wasn't easy because I didn't found any good reference pictures of inner parts of the light. I still have to find out, how the upper part of the light exactly looks inside. But the only way probably is to buy one and smash it with hammer :D
Nevertheless, here are some pictures of how the lights look now.

rear10.jpg rear11.jpg rear12.jpg rear13.jpg rear14.jpg rear15.jpg rear16.jpg