Audi A5 Coupe (NURBS)

helicase

I still like how you didn't cheat on the grill and surfaced it like it was a body panel, that is interesting. Can't wait to see more progress!

neutron1k

Hello everybody,
it's been awhile since my last update. I was trying to create a rear part of car and after a countless unsuccessful attempts I was completely resigned. But now I'm back and I'm full of hope :D ... I didn't want to continue of modeling the rear part so I decided to start with something much easier what could help me find my lost motivation ... with the rim :) And this is the result after a weekly work. I know that is nothing special and there are also a few deficiencies but I'm really happy with final result. For next step I'll be probably continue with tyre, break disc and so on, I don't know yet, but it certainly will not be the rear part :D So take a look guys and your C&C are welcome as always. Thx!

a5rim.jpg a5rim1.jpg a5rim3.jpg a5rim4.jpg a5rim5.jpg a5rim6.jpg a5rim7.jpg

neutron1k

Hi Rain Knight!
Yes you're right. The mid part is really tricky with that amount of fillets near each other. I failed to reach the correct shape so I cheated a little bit and did it wider than the original. I'll try to fix it. Thank you for pointing out.

neutron1k

Hi guys,

it seems that I finally managed to make a rear part of my Audi. Now I'm working on front bumper which is also a little bit tricky. It looks like I have to remodel some parts to reach right shapes.

audi.jpg audi2.jpg audi3.jpg audi4.jpg

Kangal

U didn't post a pic with the same angle to see if u've fixed the red circled area. I think there's kinda bump there, but u may have fixed it already.

week4.png

neutron1k

Good model man but isn't the rear light more rounded in the corner
View attachment 156178
yeah you're right, but as helicase said I don't want to start adding fillets and details until the basic car body will be

finished
nice job! Hope that rear lights surfaces were build altogether with the rest because it's easier to get big surfaces and then trim them to get different parts.
yeah I absolutely agree but unfortunately this is not that case. I really didn't know how to create it just with use only one big surface

U didn't post a pic with the same angle to see if u've fixed the red circled area. I think there's kinda bump there, but u may have fixed it already.

View attachment 156237
This part is really tricky and I'm not sure if my model has the right shape in this spot. But if you take a look on attachment there is a bump in spot where body panel is connected to the rear bumper.

7511195814_5d45d9917d_o.jpg rear6.jpg rear7.jpg rear8.jpg rear9.jpg

neutron1k

Hello,

this week just very small update because I was working on front bumper and I had to remodel almost whole front part of car. As you can see I only have a upper part and really don't know how I'll model the rest. Any ideas? :D

front2.jpg front3.jpg front4.jpg

btw thanks to all of you guys for your encouragement I really appreciate it!

Last edited:

Kangal

Try this one's i think the mistake comes from that you cut to early the grill and remove the down surfaces i hope i help a little bit there so meney ways crazy program some times i need to hit it :D :D

t front5.jpg audi A5 6.jpg

neutron1k

mind sharing some Cv's?
of course not mate here you are

cv1.jpg cv2.jpg

If you want to see some specific surfaces more detailed just let me know.
Try this one's i think the mistake comes from that you cut to early the grill and remove the down surfaces i hope i help a little bit there so meney ways crazy program some times i need to hit it :D :D
Thank you so much mate!
You gave me great hints! Especially, that I should try to use a offset. I guess It could work.