Audi 80 typ81

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay for the taillights :D Looking great, I add some more polygons to the wheel, you still see some polysteps there. Id also like to see the car with modeled doorseams instead of a gap, itll help you to make it much more plastically. :)

Keep up the good work, cant wait to see it with materials. :)

Klobsters

Thanks Schaefft! The rim will have 2 TSs. It's like that now to save my lappy's resources! :) Also the doors are next thing I'm gonna make. I'll do them as detailed as I can - so I could 'open' them and it would be like a real car! :)

To others - There are pictures in the last post of the previous page. :D

Looks fantastic Klobsters. You've got a heap done in a small amount of time. The only thing I can see is the gap between the window rubbers and the body. Other than that looks great.:)

naMReg

Well..... we are liking them!!! :D Wow, they look very detailed, I guess that's why it took you so long to update... good job!!! :thumbsup:

Kangal

I don't want to repeat the others, bt yeah, it's just an awesome , precise, very smooth , clean and nice job so far, i can't wait for the future updates :)

Well as I understood the second time, the budget is 5000 in your currency, for me it's 5000 Latvian Lats then. About 10000 dollars. If it was meant in Euros, I have a second choice - Saab 9-5.
Anyway here is the LINK for the Audi parts. Looks awesome, doesn't it?
I'll start the work when I will get home.
I liked the rims and the interior. I think you could add a little muscle effect in it by modifying the hood exposing the charger of the air intake system.

Klobsters

Lately I have tried to make materials and renders in Vray since I sucked big time at it! :D Here is a result what I got. I know it's not perfect at all, especially the glass material for lights. Hope someone could help me with it. Textures aren't done yet at all.
Also added the Saab render, that was for testing but it looks better then the actual render! :D

Attachments

Klobsters

Hey guys! Tiny update on renders! :D Worked on tail lights texture and some details. Also made the render a little brighter. Still a lot to do, 3ds Max is crashing every ten minutes and that pisses me off. It just turns off and offers me to send error report. Have to live on auto-backups. :D
Another thing - I need to change to 64-bit OS as soon as I can.
Don't leave without C&C! :D

Attachments

crashes sucks.
the demotivate a lot.
i also get out of my schedule for my contest car cause of this.

your render s looking really good.
i would advice you to use another colour.
i think it's to decent and should be more conspicuous.
you've got a hard edge in the reflection along your symmetry axes.
The puddle looks more like a window:)
at the back i think the keyhole is to big and should be beveled a bit more and the Audi Text is to fat.
http://www.youngtimer-koeln.de/Bilder/Aktuelle Fahrzeuge/Audi 80 Typ 81/2003/Audi 80 Typ 81-11.JPG
Last thing i mentioned is the tail light. it's to noticeable that they are only 2D. maybe more reflections would help out.

But all in all you've done a great job.
Go on.

Klobsters

Thanks mate! :) I guess these tail lights will be made in 3d because I've got some crashed lights at home. :uhh: I have a car to look at, it just have a spoiler and I compared the keyhole and badge to it - and of course I shouldn't do that! :D

EDIT: Thanks Exidge! I have modeled 3d lights and as I said I will do them for this ride. :) Actually I have modeled the light glass that should better use bump map. It kind of turned into 100k of polies. :D

Klobsters

Well don't really know when the time comes... Was waiting for thread for final renders. Will post them here. One is bad as hell (reflection especially) but didn't have time to change them since 3ds Max crashed and the last backup was made 30 minutes ago...
I will rerender and upload tomorrow.
And what's about the end of contest? 8th October?

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.