[AST] 2012 Audi RS5 Sportback Concept

Hello guys !
new set of renderings....this time with a different workflow.
Instead of importing nurbs into max with Npower, i'm importing alias file in Showcase where it is meshed. Then I'm exporting an FBX file than I can render in max, still with Vray.
HDRLight Studio used to create HDR maps for studio renderings.

Hope you like that.

Attachments

Thanks guys for your feedback. Spent some time (a lot of time actually because you can't fillet everything at once like CATIA would do) filleting the front grills (both central and lateral). Remeshed body panels with a higher quality in Showcase too because some area were really low poly and reflections where showing it.

grill screenshot, before/after to highlight mesh quality and new renders ! Others to come soon....

Attachments

Last edited:

helicase

man that's awesome! very cool, if i tried to fillet the grill my computer would grow an arm and slap me lol. The 3rd one in that last post is my fav. Would it be possible to show some CV hulls? I really like your patch layout!

Last edited:
i'm posting some wire - nothing new though. Anything specific you'd like to see ?

and some quick and dirty HDR renderings playing with moofe HDR+Backplates.

Attachments

helicase

if you can show all CV's and then take a screenshot of it, that can help me understand what a good CV struture looks like and will help me a lot. I really like your renders they look awesome because your model is awesome!

helicase

you won't see much....

ps : working on an updated version inspired by late RS6 and RS7 ;-) - just a Showcase render atm. More to come.
Very cool, I actually did learn a lot from seeing this! I can see what surface degrees you are using in what area, the organization of you CV huls, and there are very few trim surfaces. Thanks for sharing!!

I think the bumper/diffuser looks good, it just needs a different material.

i'm trying to post answer from days but the text field to type in is hidden....Any idea? I just found out that inspecting the code and changing the visibility in the CSS would show it again..... When clicking on pictures it shows a blank page.....I've tried on many browser and it's always the same.

edit : ok found the thread in the feedback section and changes my prefs....everything's back to normal....

Last edited: