Arnold Wong's Projects

Very cool but what i cant understand is why you to use 120k polys to model this level of detail, you can make the same or almost the same with 30k tris or less, god forsaken automated smoothers, they are hell:grin:
I would say it is not possible to make similar thing with less polys. Every curves are modeled, with extruded edges on every corners. And I can't optimize the curved areas too much, as I have to keep the reflection.

Quality comes first, as with proper LODs, it won't have any FPS performance issues.

I would say it is not possible to make similar thing with less polys. Every curves are modeled, with extruded edges on every corners. And I can't optimize the curved areas too much, as I have to keep the reflection.

Quality comes first, as with proper LODs, it won't have any FPS performance issues.
Idont have to many years of modeling but i have to disagreed with you totaly, is perfectly possible to make very good acurate and quality material with 25% of that polycount on the most detailed LOD, if you tell me that is easly to smooth a model with lots of polys that i understand, anyway everyone has his own tecnikes and ideas but i can assure you that is plenty of people out there that dont have powerfull enough computers to runs a full field of cars with that poly count and they are fans of sim racing has well, think about it!

done

120000tris at the moment.

Hi Arnold,

The Lotus looks great as always. I can't wait for rFactor2 to be released so that I can experience the WSGT2 mod.
What other cars do you have planned for WSGT2 mod?

What size of texture map are you using on the race cars, and could you please post up an example of the texture map from the McLaren MP4-12C or the Honda NSX race cars?

Best wishes and keep up the great work.
James

Yes, I would like to know how you worked the mesh before the mesh smooth applied.
Because I'd like to use your technique, but it is not easy, smooth the mesh makes strange form when there are openings on the body...
So help me see the mesh before smoothing is applied.

Rsenal

aka chosenlv
insane audi and other your models? s5 is midpoly model? can you show wires please. Wanna try my self on midpoly to improve my modeling skills. Some time ago start using smthng groups.

;) Rsenal!