Where have you been P-38
I've missed you so much :grin: :p

S

SlimyStrike

Re: P-38 Lightning Fighter Plane

Yes very
And top speed is a little "Weird":

666km/u

(for the ones who don't know this: 666 is the sign of the devil)

Pete-MJL

Re: P-38 Lightning Fighter Plane

Well, Slimy, actually the Japanese called the P-38 Lightning the " Whispering Death " ...

Peter

Zachary

jalopy madness
Re: Lockheed P-38 Lightning Fighter Plane

i guess that you did rip all of these prints from that russian BP site... :roll:

after all i would have been lot easier to post link for that site @ SMC than upload all of those prints here. :roll:

Zachary

jalopy madness

Carenthusiast said:
Which russian site? I've seen few more(which didn't have any good blueprints) than just one.
cant remember addy of that site, but all of these warfare related prints you have upladed at SMC were there too.

anyway that russia bp source had only related warfare stuff. (weapons, ships, tanks, planes etc.)

Oh no, no, no I got this off a different website. It's really hard to find. it would drive you crazy to find it. i just want to upload the blueprints to save the trouble of trying to find the site.

Zachary

jalopy madness

http://p-38online.com said:
The P-38 incorporated many firsts into its design, these included the following:

1. The first fighter to use a tricycle landing gear.
2. The only American fighter in operational production status from the start to the finish of the war.
3. First to encounter compressibility problems.
4. First to demonstrate capability of a fighter flying across the North Atlantic for delivery to Europe.
5. Only aircraft to be equipped with irreversible power-boosted flight controls.
6. First fighter to fly anywhere with two torpedoes.
7. First fighter to demonstrate a non-stop, un-refueled range of over 3,000 miles.
8. First fighter to carry a 4,000 lb. bomb load in wartime conditions.
9. Only massed produced, single seat, twin engine fighter in World War II.