Advanced Car Modeling in Polygons

Discussion in 'Tutorials: Modeling' started by Ali Ismail, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Ali Ismail

Ali Ismail New Member

cover.jpg
    https://www.ebalstudios.com/blog/modeling-cars-polygons

This tutorial examines the creation of polygonal meshes with high quality curvature to produce better reflections. Its geared towards artists who have experience in modeling complex hard surfaces such as cars but are looking to have a better grasp on the subject.

While this is a modeling tutorial it will not go into any details of the basic process of creating the mesh, specific tools or matching the reference proportions.

The level of quality that this tutorial deals with relates to rendering an object with continuous reflection streaks across it. If all what you need is something reflecting an HDR sky environment and you don't mind some reflection distortions that the untrained eye won't catch then this is not for you.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    nasi and Vinni like this.
  2. Hesham Elshipli

Hesham Elshipli New Member

Very helpful.

3. Xplod

Xplod New Member

Thank you for this share ! It's right what I was looking for !

4. TSonthebeat

TSonthebeat Active Member

5. TSonthebeat

TSonthebeat Active Member

im curious about that kind of cloudy glass material you used for the headlight beams

6. Ali Ismail

Ali Ismail New Member

Sorry guys, just saw the replies, if you are still following, the glass material is a standard VRay material with refraction, the effect you refer to was most likely as a result of compositing and adding the lights layer with a glow effect.
    If you check my website after couple of months, you should see a compositing tutorial on how to get that exact render :)

nasi likes this.
  7. Ali Ismail

Ali Ismail New Member

Oh and I came back here to post another thread for a recording I did for the car modeling, but this one will do fine:

These recordings are originally 4 hours long, sped up 2x.

I suppose most of the folks over here are already experienced and have their techniques, but after I have finished the car model, I re-modeled this same car many times to find what I think is a very fast formula for modeling cars; which is really just about modeling the big surfaces first using hard edges and always working on stages.

Anyways, hope you find this useful, please post any questions and If I miss the thread, e-mail me.
    Thanks

8. Ali Ismail

Ali Ismail New Member

Yet one more video tutorial related to this.

In response to popular requests! (only about a dozen people actually [​IMG] ) this video shows how you can use this strange looking striped reflection map to detect bumps and goes a little bit into modeling artifacts in general.
    Thank you for watching

9. MarcT Griffith

MarcT Griffith New Member

A sonic skin brush has been shown to reduce the redness from this condition. This can really help those that have the disease.DermaBellix If you get a lot of cold sores, avoid picking them. Also, it can promote infection, as bacteria will be free to roam. The more the cold sore will take to get better, the more of a chance you will have a scar there.DermaBellix Rosacea, a skin ailment causing red irritation in the skin, afflicts approximately 14 million persons in the United States. Sonic brushes for skin care have been found to alleviate the redness caused by rosacea. If you face rosacea, give it a try.DermaBellix Avocado is great for difficult dry skin.

http://www.supplementssupplier.com/dermabellix/