a 2K8 Dodge Challenger?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found these on the net, i'm wondering if it was official or not, but, anyway, here it comes... 8o

Personally i love the sketch (even though the "spy photo" thing seems to be a fake). Anyway, what do you think about this one?

Zachary

jalopy madness
hhm... scetch looks very nice... but that thing at spy photos, well its simply ugly.

it is just missing all of this, muscle car feeling and looks etc.

o.j

For some funky reason i have the feeling that it's not going to be a production car but instead some had an artist draw himself a concept dwaring and made the newer looking body panels etc out of fiberglass.

J272

Wow, thats looking hott, I wonder if they'll be incorperating the old A, B, and C bodies back into these 'new' american muscle cars. Personally, Id quite enjoy it, however, you've got to know that many will push toward innovation rather than classical styling >.<....

J272

o.j said:
For some funky reason i have the feeling that it's not going to be a production car but instead some had an artist draw himself a concept dwaring and made the newer looking body panels etc out of fiberglass.
Nope, Dodge is making this car in 2008 or 2009. Those are real spy shots.

o.j

ok after a bit of googleing i ended up with quite a lot of car news sites etc claiming that this really is the official sketch from dodge and that these really are spy pictures of the thing itself. I've still got a few questions though.

1. I understand the sketch being out but for some reason i don't really think dodge has already made the car. the modelyear 2008 starts somewhere in the second half of 2007. this means they have 1,5 more years to build the thing. Early concepts most of the time don't even have engines in them. Take the new skyline gtr for example.
2. Every spy pic there is a pic of the car camoflagued up to hide it from potential "spys". e.g the new 3'rd series coupe is being tested right now and the only thing you can identify it by on the spy pics is that the side crease and overall bodylines match.

I'm not trying to bash someones dreams of a new-old challenger but it is still a bit fishy to me.

hhm... scetch looks very nice... but that thing at spy photos, well its simply ugly.
Agree, the "spy pic" car is too heavy and missing the feeling of original, but the sketch i liked so much shows a different car (and it's really lovely).

ok after a bit of googleing i ended up with quite a lot of car news sites etc claiming that this really is the official sketch from dodge
and that these really are spy pictures of the thing itself. I've still got a few questions though.
If that sketch isn't fake i'm starting saving cash right now. :mrgreen:
As for me, i found those pics above at Russian site, so i thought it's a fake at first.

Every spy pic there is a pic of the car camoflagued up to hide it from potential "spys".
I disn't like the thing shown on spy photos, so let's say, it's also a plus (having in mind that the rear end design doesn't resemble original at all, i reckon the "spy pic" item design isn't final)

I'm not trying to bash someones dreams of a new-old challenger but it is still a bit fishy to me.
Why? The history is repeating, Forg remade the 'Stang and got some serious $, GM and Mopar looked at this with certain drools and reinvented their kinda muscle cars... seems pretty clear to me.

o.j

Grungy Harry said:
Why? The history is repeating, Forg remade the 'Stang and got some serious $, GM and Mopar looked at this with certain drools and reinvented their kinda muscle cars... seems pretty clear to me.
I think you misunderstood me a bit here. I love the new mustang styling and i love the new Fort gt. I just said that the whole new challenger thing sounds fishy to me. Every source i found right now claims that these pics are from november 2005 but if my memory serves me right i've seen them before.
That said if the thing is present at the January 2006 Detroit motor show then i'll gladly take back anything i said about this whole thing being fake.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.