68 Holden HK Monaro - GTS 327

Thought I'd try this one as it looks like no one has given it a go and its something a little different. Also an old favourite of mine. Trying to take my time and get the details right. I already see things that need tweaking but its a start.

Any comments and crits most wellcome.

Cheers.

Attachments

Prykie

Lovely work so far Chris, I take it you are an Aussie, since you are doing an awesome Aussie car. Are you just modelling from reference pics or do you hvae blueprints?

Ahh, Aussies... We rock so hard out, huh? :p

Chris, your model so far looks awesome. Great work here, although I have found one slight problem which I've circled in red with the attached picture :D

Attachments

Prykie. Thanks. Yes mate from Oz too. Glad you like the choice. Seems to be a distinct lack of Aussie classics in the Modelling world. Modelling from reference pics and also a little diecast model I bought the other day. (Man those things are expensive. They wanted 650 bucks for the norm Beechy one. I opted for the little 50 buck job.) I've photgraphed it and then made my own blueprints in illustrator. So far they seem OK but I will wait till i've finished the shell before I post them up here in case they are totally useless.

Doc: Ah good to see the Red V Blue rivallary exists even here. I p#@ssed myself when I saw your markup.:D

Going by your profile I see your definatly on the Blue team.:(

Thanks for the comments mate. Glad you like it.

Cheers.

Ahh, Aussies... We rock so hard out, huh? :p

Chris, your model so far looks awesome. Great work here, although I have found one slight problem which I've circled in red with the attached picture :D
Good call doc, but at least some one is doing Aussie muscle even if it is a Holden

But in all seriousness looks like a good start on the Monaro, so far nice and clean.

P.S I'm another Aussie Ford guy ;)

Prykie

Looks awesome so far Chris, Love the shape of this car! As you said you do havea few issues around the back quarter, but apart from that its looking awesome!

very good choice of car and the model is getting better and better! Love the way you lowered it, can't wait to see the finals, they're going to be awesome!

mate your model is looking awesome!! would you please be able to make some blueprints from it when you are done?... i have been looking everywhere for them but no joy. love this car!

Well I love to see the classics from down under.....hey wasnt that a song from Men at work? Lol, actually guys, lately with the entries for the Contest of the XB Falcon and this wonderful Monaro, I think I may have to go and research some nice images of the Night Rider! Doc, I still want to see your ride done in 3D.....now that will be something! maybe an XA Falcon Sedan would be a nice one too. what ever I do find will come this way for others to use. :)

More changes and added grill, bumpers etc.

Im not very happy with the whole side of the car now. I have too many loops so these have to be reduced.
Showing up badly in the side render.

Also still problems with the rear quarter panels.:(

nzjimmy2001. see Rallydrivers Post (thanks Rallydriver). Just remember they have a few issues like most blueprints.o_O

Daruz. I dont know. Im using blender with old yafray render. They just come out like that. Sorry Im not really up on yafray. I want less noise though.:D

tiberius. I agree there is very little Oz stuff out there. Although I guess were a tiny market and a lot of our cars are fairly obscure to most. But i would like to see more of it.:)

Thanks scw. agree.:)

Also added a nice grill shot just for Doc. You can save it as your wallpaper if you like Doc.:D A little inaccurate though...

Attachments