68 Charger

This is some very impressive work for sure; you
have a great sense of patience and dedication for the
amount of detail. Hopefully this will finish out the
way you have planned, keep up the great progress!

Kangal

Honestly i'd like to know which engine u're modelling down there. I know the engines' displacements available for this 68's model were 225(3.7L) ,318 (5.2L) , 383(6.3L), (426)7.0L and 440(7.2)L . The 440 had a Hemi version too.
So, unless u're modeling the 6 cylinders 225 (3.7L) the engine is in my opinion not correctly proportioned , i mean, it looks too small even if it was the smallest on the available engines' list. But, being yours one of the V8, it's in my opinion too small modeled even for the 318.

Kangal: It's the 440 actually, though not the hemi version. masa007 is right, the engine bay's are huge. It does look a bit small though, I suspect it's because it's sitting a tiny bit too low, and I used narrower headers than stock. Also the heads are about 1/2 in too narrow because I got the piston angle a bit wrong. Overall size should be correct though, the 440 is not a big engine. (29 X 29 X 30) It's pretty much the same size as the 383, just with a longer stroke.

Congratulations for getting into the advanced section! But wow, you must have thousands of photos to get insane detail like that from just google reference images, but thank you for the close ups, keep up the progress, I want to see this one finished and not die out like a few other great models I've seen.

Thanks for the comments.

BAcyanide: Only about 200 actually. I certainly plan on finishing it. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with the progress.

Long time no update, been busy with a hardware cutover at work.

I've added the master cylinder, wiper motor, and got a start on the door details. Have a fair bit of cleanup to do, especially on the floorpan and rear wheelwell.

Attachments

Thanks for the comments.

Kangal: Thanks. :)

bACyanide: Thanks. Certaintly not perfect though, always room for improvement. :p (See door, still have a mess to clean up.)

Added the steering box, sway bar, and tie rod bits, plus a few odds and ends. Almost ready to start the interior.

Attachments

Kangal

As i've said, everytime u post an update is a joy for the eyes, just a spectacular work, never found a work who deserves the advanced thread more than this. And u've reached my 95 personal record likes too (with the half of pages...) LOL
P.S U've just overtaken me with my ''like''..hehe...i must be an idiot...:D

I have two questions...

Where did you learn, and how does one even begin to be this good? o_O

I mean, I've been with 3D programs for over 5 years now, and I can't even finish a decent car. And I don't know where I could go for training/tutorials that could teach me advanced stuff like this... Because this right here is just amazing...

Keep it up.

I have two questions...

Where did you learn, and how does one even begin to be this good? o_O

I mean, I've been with 3D programs for over 5 years now, and I can't even finish a decent car. And I don't know where I could go for training/tutorials that could teach me advanced stuff like this... Because this right here is just amazing...

Keep it up.
Hi ViFFeX360.

Thanks for the comments.

I appreciate the praise, but frankly, I'm not that good. I mean, I'm proud of what I've done, but it's more of a labour of time than skill. There are plenty of messy loops, n-gons, and tris on this model, and the body itself it pretty average. (Will work on it yet.) Building the suspension was fairly easy, time consuming sure, but nothing there is much harder to make than the exterior components.

Looking at your posts, I think your biggest issue is general negativity you approach your projects with. Many of your threads start by mentioning how you doubt you'll finish them, and then it seems like your self doubt ends up making that a self fulfilling prophesy.

You've got solid modeling skills. (The 68 camaro looked pretty good, but you bailed on it when it was half done. Same goes for the Audi and Civic.) Stop worrying so much about your current skill level, and focus on getting some modeling done.

As far as training goes, I'm self taught, and have never done a car tutorial, so I can't really comment on that. I typically model poly by poly, or if it's a mechanical piece I start with all the bolt-holes and connect from there. Pretty basic modeling over all.

Anyway, I'll shutup before I start sounding like dr phil. Don't be so hard on yourself though, best way to kill your progress (and enjoyment) is to hate your own work.

Room for improvement you say? Everything looks perfected, I don't know what else there is to improve on, as Kangal said, it's just pure joy for us to see someone put so much time and devotion into a single project.

yasickkk

Hi ViFFeX360.

Thanks for the comments.

I appreciate the praise, but frankly, I'm not that good. I mean, I'm proud of what I've done, but it's more of a labour of time than skill. There are plenty of messy loops, n-gons, and tris on this model, and the body itself it pretty average. (Will work on it yet.) Building the suspension was fairly easy, time consuming sure, but nothing there is much harder to make than the exterior components.

Looking at your posts, I think your biggest issue is general negativity you approach your projects with. Many of your threads start by mentioning how you doubt you'll finish them, and then it seems like your self doubt ends up making that a self fulfilling prophesy.

You've got solid modeling skills. (The 68 camaro looked pretty good, but you bailed on it when it was half done. Same goes for the Audi and Civic.) Stop worrying so much about your current skill level, and focus on getting some modeling done.

As far as training goes, I'm self taught, and have never done a car tutorial, so I can't really comment on that. I typically model poly by poly, or if it's a mechanical piece I start with all the bolt-holes and connect from there. Pretty basic modeling over all.

Anyway, I'll shutup before I start sounding like dr phil. Don't be so hard on yourself though, best way to kill your progress (and enjoyment) is to hate your own work.
While i agree 100%, i also would like to add criticising your own work is essential, i believe if an artist hates their own work its for a reason. That reason is to strive on perfection which pushes them into a whole new category of achievements and goals. Im not talking just about 3d modelling, but if your love what you create most of the time there is no room for improvement. One of the most creative artists in the world cry at what theyve achieved while others praise their work. Da Vinci, Beethoven, Michael Jackson and many more.Best quote i ever heard was " A true artist is never happy with their own work " This applies to any form of creativity. It seperates great from good.

As for your work here i would love to see the level of detail closer, not just close ups but also wireframes for difficult parts, glossy screenshots etc. But even if you dont and your aim is just to get things done its still an amazing achievement. Your dedication is truely inspiring. Have fun with it and enjoy your self. :)