60s Contest: 1966 Lamborghini Miura

greenvampire

Super Moderator
this is looking really HOT!
please do it in green for the final renders ;)

excellent work so far!

PS. those picture links you just posted dont go to pictures of a Lambo ;)

Krystian

Lamborghini President
Long time no updates 'cos I have a lot of work in school etc.

Trying to get soft reflections, result in attachment. It's not what I expected but I have no ideas hot to get it good ;)8)

In second render I wasn't turned on displacement, so rims don't have it.

BTW Today I've seen Opel Astra OPC (2 doors - GT or something) and it has Bartone logo (in same what in Miura). And question: Is that really any Bertone version (?) or is it only "Village
Tuning" like "///M POWER" on some crappy cars?

Attachments

Looks so pretty in yellow , nice job.
Maybe there's a bump on the rear wheel arch though?

Oh yeah , I'm pretty sure Bertone have been styling cabriolet Opels for some years now.

Krystian

Lamborghini President
Looks so pretty in yellow , nice job.
Maybe there's a bump on the rear wheel arch though?

Oh yeah , I'm pretty sure Bertone have been styling cabriolet Opels for some years now.

No, it's only bad shadows. About That Opel, I've checked on Wikipedia, You has right.

About my Lambo, I want to finish rear (licence plate, Lamborghini logo etc.) and make those eayslashes :)oIt's preety hard to do) then I will start the interior.

Comments and render tips pleasee.......8)

Krystian

Lamborghini President
God....
I'm working now on base material, and a have a little problem. Can someone explain why I have those bugs? I have messed around Vray settings.:eek:

EDIT: This bugs coming up with any reflect map.

Attachments

Krystian

Lamborghini President
I remember having the same problem while ago, and it turned out that environment map was the cause. This appears to be a sort of bug... At least I couldn't find the way to fix this.
That's right. It's caused by env. map. Before I don't have problems with it :eek:

Well you could make your gradient map into a .hdr file? make the gradient map in photoshop or gimp, and use HDRShop to turn it into a .hdr file and use that together with the VrayHDRI map. Then copy that into the Env. slot. That would be my best shot;)

Krystian

Lamborghini President
Well you could make your gradient map into a .hdr file? make the gradient map in photoshop or gimp, and use HDRShop to turn it into a .hdr file and use that together with the VrayHDRI map. Then copy that into the Env. slot. That would be my best shot;)
I'll try. During GP (Kubica has only 4 place :( ) I've rendered 2 clays in hi-res. Please comment.

EDIT: Tire mapped...

Attachments

ah so you're a BMW fan eh? man they should be doing better, bmw should invest more in their team, Im a Ferrari fan :D Raikonnen first again yesterday :p , about your miura now, those renders are nice man, have an oldish feeling to the whol image which reflects with the car, but what about those physical reflections man, they're weird, if its HDRi dont use it. not in studio's. never in studio's. unless its a studio HDRi

Krystian

Lamborghini President
Thanks.
I'm BMW fan because there is first polish F1 driver ;) About reflections, there is no HDRI map, that's my studio with gradient maps around. I know... I have to improve it, but for now I want to stay focus on details.

Krystian

Lamborghini President
DAM DAM DAM!
The best render of my Miura. Added some details. I think front of the car is finished. Now time for rear, then will try to start interior ;):grin:
Comments please!

Attachments