60s Contest - "1963 Marcos 1800 GT"

tom120934

Administrator
Thanks for your comments, gentlemen. Such words from talented artists like you are really nice to read.

NightEye, you're right, that car is really rare. I first read about it in "SportAuto", a famous french publication. Good refpics are hard to find, so fan sites and Flickr are good sources.

The picture you posted is a later version I think : some stuff is different, like headlights covers, side mirrors, lateral air intakes in the front bumper, door handles, and that double bulge on the hood. I'll try to stick to the original design from 1963. Please have a look to the following link to see the whole brand activity.

The Marcos cars 1959 - 2007

greenvampire, I really agree with you. There is plenty of entries so far with rare cars, different kinds of vehicles and great modeling. Nice nice nice !

Here's a little update : bottom of the front bumper, details on side of hood and on headlights... I tried to put on it a white paint, the shader still needs work but that color may suit the car pretty well IMHO.

Attachments

Nice job so far. Excellent modelling and very nice lookin' renders. I can't wait to see it finished!

It reminds me a Jaguar too. :)

tom120934

Administrator
Thanks guys ! I really agree with you, it looks like a Jaguar.

I've kept on working, here's an update with a rim and a placeholder tire. I'm not sure if I'll keep this rim design, because even if it looks like this one is the stock one, the one in the attached refpic is looking damn good.

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Thanks guys. As I've already said, it's the second time I try to model this car. And my first attempt at rim was terrible, so I spend all the needed time to try to get it right.

If I can get extra-free-time, I'll give a try to the wired rims.

About the fastness of the car, remember it's powered with a simple inline 4cylinders, cubing 1800cm3 (so the name) and developing ~125bhp.

Here's an update, start of the side and windshield.

Attachments

tom120934

Administrator
Thanks et_fone_home. You were right, the hood attachment clip was a bit thin. I added it some depth.

New update, I'm really in a modeling frenzy ;) Better glass shader, some progress on the rear end.

Attachments