2014 C7 Corvette Stingray WIP

KrisH

Hey folks,

First off - I hope I am okay posting in this forum. If I'm in the wrong one, admins please feel free to move it. :)

I'm currently working on a C7 Corvette Stingray model and wanted to get some constructive criticism. I rarely post in-progress model shots, but this is such an interesting and complex design that I think I would benefit from the sharp eyes that the folks on this forum have.

I have had limited resources to work from, using mostly photos found on Google and a decent side-on shot that was posted when the car was unveiled. Most of the work is done by eyeballing the proportions, shapes, and details of the car. Total working time right now is 6 days (off and on) though I will be in for a bit more work on the rear end details, wheels (which will likely be custom, not OEM), and a few other odds and ends.

I'd love to hear what you guys think of it so far and if you have any suggestions on making the model better. I've also included one wireframe overlay, though parts of the model had already been subdivided and are a bit dense to look at. If you spot any glaring errors in my model, please don't hesitate to call them out as I encourage constructive criticism. :D

More soon!

Kris

Attachments

KrisH

Oh wow, for some reason I never realized this thread got posted! Awesome. I will get some more screenshots together. This was forever ago, but I've since finished and rendered the car. :)

KrisH

Here's a finished render I did for my friends at Trufiber. This one's got some custom bodywork added to it as well as HRE wheels. All modeling was done in Softimage. :) Special thanks to SMCars for the great HDR!

Attachments

KrisH

Oscar, I think I know what you mean. The camber is out of whack and the offset is unrealistic now knowing what is and isn't capable on the front of the C7. This rendering is almost a year old though, I may have to find time to revise it. :)