2014 Audi e-tron Spyder

TwoOneOne

Administrator
The dynamic e-tron Spyder, a technical study by Audi, is conceived as a plug-in hybrid. Its lithium-ion battery with an energy content of 9.1 kWh, located in the forward structure, can be recharged from the mains socket; the electric drive operates in tandem with a powerful combustion engine.

Two electric motors with a combined output of 64 kW (87 hp) and 352 Nm (259.62 lb-ft) of torque propel the front wheels. Behind the open, two-seater passenger compartment is a 3.0 TDI with twin turbocharger; it sends 221 kW (300 hp) and 650 Nm (479.42 lb-ft) of torque to the rear wheels via a seven-speed S tronic. Both power units can operate independently or in unison.

All four wheels of the e-tron Spyder can be accelerated and braked individually, creating extremely precise, dynamic handling. The electric motors on the front wheels can be activated separately and a mechanical sport differential on the rear axle distributes the power. This form of torque vectoring represents a further variation on the e-quattro, the quattro drive of the future. The short wheelbase and low weight, achieved above all thanks to the aluminum body using the Audi Space Frame (ASF) construction principle, further hone its sporty character; the axle load distribution is 50:50.

The Audi e-tron Spyder sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in 4.4 seconds and goes on to reach an electronically governed top speed of 250 km/h 155.34 mph). According to the proposed standard for plug-in hybrids, it consumes an average of only 2.2 liters of fuel per 100 km (106.92 US mpg), equivalent to 59 grams of CO2 per km (94.95 g/mile). The electric range is 50 km (31.07 miles) and the top speed in that mode is 60 km/h (37.28 mph). With the 50 liter (13.21 US gallons) fuel tank, the open-top two-seater has a range of more than 1,000 km (621.37 miles).

01-2014-audi-e-tron-spyder-qs.jpg 02-2014-audi-e-tron-spyder-qs.jpg 05-2014-audi-e-tron-spyder-qs.jpg 08-2014-audi-e-tron-spyder-qs.jpg

06-2014-audi-e-tron-spyder-qs.jpg 07-2014-audi-e-tron-spyder-qs.jpg 30-2014-audi-e-tron-spyder-qs.jpg 40-2014-audi-e-tron-spyder-qs.jpg

<object width="970" height="523"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LeO7fKrQ7X0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LeO7fKrQ7X0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="970" height="523" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

helicase

Looks amazing, the rims are really cool, they remind me of the compressor blades on a jet engine :) Probably a really quiet ride too!

0utsider

What a coincidence. I was taliking about this concept with a friend of mine today because i've modeled it some months ago...Cool car indeed.