2 proposals for the new contest.

Discussion in 'Contest Discussion' started by Kangal, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Kangal

Kangal Well-Known Member

Time waster
    I'd have a couple of suggestions for the next contest, even if i know the current one is just started.

Anyway:

Proposal n. 1) We could decide all together a single model to create, just a precise model, same version, color and model year. I think it could be a good way to see clearly who's the better modeler in this field. No renders, clays only, just the pure car. The Blueprints should be the same for everybody, the Staff will give them us.

Proposal n.2) We could create whatever model since 20's to 2012, with the difference this time there will be a coefficent of difficulty. I mean, if i draw a Fiat 131 isn't not the same than i draw a Lamborghini Reventon or a Porsche 959. The coefficient of difficulty will be decided by the Staff only. This, car by car, after the competitors submitted the name of their cars.

2. blackleo

blackleo Member

I think that proposal 2 could be a little bit changed.Lets say the forum alows 1 week for everyone to sign to the competition,and when the registrations are complete there will be a random car for everyone from the 20's to 2012 :)...The best looking car(model + render) will win :)

3. naMReg

naMReg Active Member

Photographic retoucher and 3D artist in my spare t
    I think that this could be a good workshop theme, not a contest. For instance, we could select a nice model from on of the top notch modelers around here and try to do it ourselves in our own way. So we can share our solutions for modeling difficult shapes and take advices from other members about the same. And on top, we could have the artist who modeled it to help us get close to their artwork :D

For instance, we've seen that great Viper that exidge did. So we could start the workshop with a little introduction from him, so he can explain a way to start it and then go on with it.

And every once and then, he could show up, review some of the projects and give wise advices to people :D

At the end, we will all be winners because we'd have learned from a great artist.

Then I guess everyone would try to create the latest supercar in the market. Because, what's the point in spending all your efforts creating one little but beautiful Fiat car, if someone else creates another Reventon getting more points even if it's not better made than the FIat?

I think we should create a theme and then let everyone else decide about the car they want to create for that concrete theme. I mean, as always :p

For me the workshop thingie seems cool, what do you think about it?

Cheers

4. greenvampire

greenvampire Super Moderator

Vehicle Artist - Ubisoft Reflections
    I'd agree with naMReg, its probably more of a workshop / workalong tutorial idea than a contest idea ;)

Judging from previous contests, the ones with a theme tend to draw more attention / get more entries... plus it creates a 'common ground' between entries, making it easier to judge.

keep suggesting ideas though, people can develop from even the smallest of suggestions :)

5. exidge

exidge Administrator

Hey namReg, thanks for choosing me as an example but I didn't model the Viper. It's the official Chrysler LLC. Geometry. I should have mention this before, I just thought I was sure everyone knew this.
    There are amazing modeling artists, like TwoOneOne, Erik_S, Duron, raduteo and many many many more on this forum which I can't mention, my list would be too long :D

Cheers,
    exidge

6. naMReg

naMReg Active Member

C'mon exidge, are you telling me that you wouldn't be capable of modeling that same Viper? Because if not, my whole world would fall apart :p Don't be so modest :D

Btw, do you think some of the other great modelers around here would accept the challenge of conducting a workshop like this???? Is SMC capable of delivering some diplomas to the ones who finish it?

Cheers

7. VitaminD

VitaminD Member

On car for all...and without renders it will be a bit boring, i think..
    any car for all - is too wide range..

i would suggest to limit cars range by make..for example Fiats of all time or Fords...or whatever[FIELDSET][/FIELDSET]

8. naMReg

naMReg Active Member

I thought of making just the same car so problems found with different and dificult shapes could be solved either by the artist himself, the one who made the original car, or by other users who join the workshop. So we could see different approaches to the same problem and give a wider vision about modeling.

It could be at first a modeling workshop, but after that, it could grow to be an UV maping one, and a texturing workshop too. And then a rendering setup exercise as well :D As we have great HDRis and backplates provided.

9. Falango

Falango Active Member

3D Artist
    Everyone modeling the same car would be kind of boring if you ask me. Contests need to stay open for ideas and creativity. Since winter is coming up, we could do another winter theme contest. The last winter one was great, because we saw lots of different kinds of models.