1984 Ford Thunderbird (first car)

Those wheels look great at the rearview pic, but I dont like them in the first one lol.

The car looks awesome, its great to see such a car here on smc instead of another Lamborghini, Skyline or whatever. So keep it up.

Any plans for your next project?

P A L A T

Continental Kit
Grrrrreat job on modeling and rendering. (-:
The final result looks fake but would fit perfectly on a contemporary press material -- which i am sure was your intention.
Waiting for the next project then.

The car looks awesome, its great to see such a car here on smc instead of another Lamborghini, Skyline or whatever. So keep it up.

Any plans for your next project?
Thanks Schaeftt, and I agree, supercars get done way too often...Regular 'ol cars that the average Joe can afford don't get much 3d love.

I think my next project will be a 1969 Mercury Cougar (another car I used to own) and as far as I know, it has not been done. ;)

^^^ Isn't she a beaut? :grin:

Not going to jump right into it yet as this project took a lot out of me. Maybe in a few weeks I'll get started on it.

P A L A T said:
Grrrrreat job on modeling and rendering. (-:
The final result looks fake but would fit perfectly on a contemporary press material -- which i am sure was your intention
Thanks...coming from you I am truly honored. I aspire to be half as good as you.

Thanks Schaeftt, and I agree, supercars get done way too often...Regular 'ol cars that the average Joe can afford don't get much 3d love.

I think my next project will be a 1969 Mercury Cougar (another car I used to own) and as far as I know, it has not been done. ;)
I know someone whos modeling a midpoly version for gta, so theres atleast one model.:grin: But nice choice of car, good to see someone with the same oppinion.

The car is amazing I was going to buy one of those t-birds a while back it had the wheels on it that came on the Buick Grand National GNX and the Trans-Am GTA's . Looked sharp in my opinion, also had single exhaust tips tucked close to rear bumper. How about making a fox body mustang(87-93) That's something you don't see modeled very often.....

Cougar is a good choice, will look forward to seeing that one. getting back to this thread,here are some shots of some T-Birds with Standard wheels of the time. one is the more pedestrian wheels used on Heritage models which was a steel wheel covered by flexible materials sort of rubbery. I had a Mustang LX hatchback for 85 that had similar wheels. the grey car in the images has a big block 460 jammed in the enginebay. The Black Turbo Coupe has the early aluminum wheels for 83-84. the 85 birds got a new dash and they did not change up through 88.

Attachments